Back button not working, volume bar stuck at max level (infinite loop) - Nokia Lumia 920

cshekar1987

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

There seems to be some weired problem with respect to my nokia lumia 920 phone running windows 8.0 ( 8.0.10517.150 - Country India).
All of a sudden, volume level gets increased to maximum ( 30), and volume bar apears on the screeen. Upon pressing back button, it doesn't disappear, some kind of infinite loop it goes to.

So bottomline is i am not able to execute any back requests using back button. I had to hold back button for some time, then kill the app to come to home page.

And volume levels aren't going down too.

I tried restarting the phone multiple times, also doing soft reset ( pressing volume down/power key together), still no use.
Volume does not decrease at all ( and back button goes for toss :( )

Any pointers are greatly helpful.

Thanks.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It could be that the volume up button is stuck thinking it is pressed. Have you tried moving it around or shaking? Something to see if it will come loose. If it is still under warranty, then it might be a safer bet to get it checked out.

cshekar1987

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Tried to shake, reboot several times, soft reset also !!!
- Its not under warranty :(
- I am sure volume button isn't stuck, as if i press volume down, it gets press, but volume levels doesn't reflect ( flaps, goes to 29, comes back to 30 )

I beleive its something to do with s/w upgrade or something ( not sure as i don't see any posts related to this issue).
Thanks.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact same problem two days ago only it was volume going down, not up. I think in the end it was humidity. I was in a quite steamy bathroom when it started happening, resets etc did not solve it. When I had been out of the room for a while it just stopped again. You could try the old put the phone in the middle of a bag of raw rice and see if that helps.

Nick.

The Darkness

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi!
My Lumia 920 started doing the same thing here in the US, yesterday. I pressed the volume down button, but the volume went UP - to 30. Don't really want my phone to ring at that level!!
I'll try the rice tip too.........

Although, I am just trying to adjust the volume now and it seems to be a physical button issue - if I touch the very bottom of the volume button, the level goes down normally, but then if I just very gently brush the volume button anywhere else, the volume level rapidly goes up! This happens both with the phone's cover on and off. With the phone's cover on, it seems to be worse - a very sensitive volume button!

May just have to keep it on Silent for a while..........

I'm using the phone with WP 8.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel