3G vs GPRS

Baiar Ali

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm on Vodafone Romania..till today i've used gprs on mobile data(using whatsapp mostly)to maintain juice more!
today by 'mistake' i've turned H+ on..and battery seems to maintain as well as on gprs!
it is possible due server acces quickly and refreshing things less?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that it might be due to server access like you say, but it's worth trying this out for a longer period of time to make sure you're happy with the service and battery life H+ gives you. I've not had a problem with 3G when it comes to battery life, but you might have different expectations to me.

Baiar Ali

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
You're right mate..but if someone is sending a bunch of photos to me on whatsapp, gprs it would take e.g 5 minutes..and on H+ 1min or even lower..in theory server acces time less/data connection used less as time not as MB!I've tested it a bit..and gues what when i acces e.g. facebook(blocked run in background) symbol turns in H+..and when phone is idle without accesing anything is just H(without +)..so this must be the trick!I've checked battery at 6pm(55%)..and now at 9 pm still 55%!and u're right i'll have to keep testin' this stuff

It's possible that it might be due to server access like you say, but it's worth trying this out for a longer period of time to make sure you're happy with the service and battery life H+ gives you. I've not had a problem with 3G when it comes to battery life, but you might have different expectations to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos