App Data

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
What is it and how to delete them.

In Storage Sense for phone apps if we select any app it is showing, Install(App size at the time of installation), Data and Total Size. Ex. For twitter it is showing 31mb(Install) and 70MB(Data). How can i delete this 70mb data?

If i remove this app data , i can gain around 1gb free space in phone memory....

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
App data is the information stored by the app i.e. In twitter, the tweets and cached pics or thumbnails of pics are what contribute to the app data. In whatsapp, the app data consists of the chats and cached pics, audio, video etc.

The install size is the size taken by the app "infrastructure" for lack of a better word.

It's normal to have app data. I believe the only way to have zero app data, for some apps, is to have it all stored in the cloud, so that nothing is stored locally on your phone.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
If the app does not provide a clear function, the only thing you can do is uninstall and reinstall.
Ufff. I think many apps not provided the Clear Function. So only possible thing is uninstall and reinstall, but cant it for every app and every time :(

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
App data is the information stored by the app i.e. In twitter, the tweets and cached pics or thumbnails of pics are what contribute to the app data. In whatsapp, the app data consists of the chats and cached pics, audio, video etc.

The install size is the size taken by the app "infrastructure" for lack of a better word.

It's normal to have app data. I believe the only way to have zero app data, for some apps, is to have it all stored in the cloud, so that nothing is stored locally on your phone.
For WA ok i understood, we have chats/Images/Videos, but for twitter? you mean all tweets and pictures in tweets are saving in local phone memory? Is it true?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
For WA ok i understood, we have chats/Images/Videos, but for twitter? you mean all tweets and pictures in tweets are saving in local phone memory? Is it true?

how are tweets different from chats? If tweets and images weren't stored on the phone memory, you would need the internet to retrieve them from the cloud. The same thing goes for Facebook posts, emails, instagram pics. Some data would have to be stored on your phone, otherwise you would have to rely on the internet all the time.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
how are tweets different from chats? If tweets and images weren't stored on the phone memory, you would need the internet to retrieve them from the cloud. The same thing goes for Facebook posts, emails, instagram pics. Some data would have to be stored on your phone, otherwise you would have to rely on the internet all the time.

If so, in current span twitter will show only upto 25-50 tweets only. If we want to get old/New tweets it need Connectivity. For WA no need of connectivity to check old messages. Right?

So what is the point in the saving tweets/photos in twitter same as WA chats?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
If so, in current span twitter will show only upto 25-50 tweets only. If we want to get old/New tweets it need Connectivity. For WA no need of connectivity to check old messages. Right?

So what is the point in the saving tweets/photos in twitter same as WA chats?

its not just tweets right, its also your list of followers, those you follow, favourites, search history etc.
How much is the app data on the twitter app?

Last edited:

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
its not just tweets right, its also your list of followers, those you follow, favourites, search history etc.
How much is the app data on the twitter app?
What ever it is, we need Net connection for everything(like for seeing followers/following/Searches History)

App Data is 70MB :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre