I've disabled streaming music in the music app, but for some reason the phone still shows and streams about 30 songs - the music folders on the phone are empty

how do I get rid of these zombie files
    06-25-2014 08:28 PM
    Is this in a playlist?
    06-25-2014 10:07 PM
    Is this in a playlist?
    nope - these songs were never all in the same playlist - they appear as ((())) in the old music hub Xbox music 'backstop' and if I download them using the music hub tile they appear as duplicates. I dont see them in the new music app unless I start streaming the song from the old music hub and switch back to the new app . then the songs appear and it seems to think they're in a playlist (they're not)

they also show up in the GoMusic App and but not in Onemusic or NOkia Mix Radio
    06-26-2014 03:41 PM
    I just ran into this also. I was experimenting with turning it on to see how it works now. Ran into many "unable to obtain rights" errors for matched songs (I had local copies, but it kept trying to play from the cloud).

I think I just got rid of them. Turn off streaming music. Let the app sit for few minutes. Back out of app. Clean reboot the phone (long hold power button, slide down, power button to turn on). Go back into XBM, make sure it finishes it's "Searching for music..." and let it sit for awhile before doing anything else (for some reason even though it says it's done "Searching for music..." it really isn't).
    06-26-2014 03:55 PM
    I just ran into this also. I was experimenting with turning it on to see how it works now. Ran into many "unable to obtain rights" errors for matched songs (I had local copies, but it kept trying to play from the cloud).

I think I just got rid of them. Turn off streaming music. Let the app sit for few minutes. Back out of app. Clean reboot the phone (long hold power button, slide down, power button to turn on). Go back into XBM, make sure it finishes it's "Searching for music..." and let it sit for awhile before doing anything else (for some reason even though it says it's done "Searching for music..." it really isn't).
    Tried that - did not work

when you say XBM, do you mean the new app or the old app that I access via the music hub tile app?

​interestingly - when i use the old music app (via the hub app) it says Loading..... at the top of the screen forever
    06-26-2014 05:21 PM
    Tried that - did not work

when you say XBM, do you mean the new app or the old app that I access via the music hub tile app?

​interestingly - when i use the old music app (via the hub app) it says Loading..... at the top of the screen forever
    The current Xbox Music app.
    06-26-2014 07:13 PM
    ok - i've figured out what's going on -- if you download a song from the cloud using the new app. it somehow remains in the old music app that's still on the phone as available for streaming even if you remove it from the new app -- and it also shows up in other music apps - i assume because in 8.1 somewhere microsoft changed the location it stored music from the new app (it's no longer available to see in windows explorer)

06-26-2014 09:39 PM
    ok - i've figured out what's going on -- if you download a song from the cloud using the new app. it somehow remains in the old music app that's still on the phone as available for streaming even if you remove it from the new app -- and it also shows up in other music apps - i assume because in 8.1 somewhere microsoft changed the location it stored music from the new app (it's no longer available to see in windows explorer)
    06-26-2014 09:51 PM