Force Nokia Maps offline?

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Other than turning Data off, is there a way to force Nokia Maps to use offline maps? You can do this in Nokia Drive, but I cannot see a way in Maps.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Other than turning Data off, is there a way to force Nokia Maps to use offline maps? You can do this in Nokia Drive, but I cannot see a way in Maps.

Yeah I'd like to know that Nokia Drive as well! Everytime you search on it and you're offline it tells you you're offline and asks if you want it to search offline... which should be a given...

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Here Maps work offline, has long has you have the map downloaded. Places, search, etc all work. Once you go off the map that you have downloaded then it requires a connection.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Here Maps work offline, has long has you have the map downloaded. Places, search, etc all work. Once you go off the map that you have downloaded then it requires a connection.

Yeah but what I mean (and I think the OP as well) is once you have the whole maps downloaded, can you force it to look offline by default?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but what I mean (and I think the OP as well) is once you have the whole maps downloaded, can you force it to look offline by default?

Yes, places, search all work offline has well. Just disable all your data connection's and try (no cellular or wifi)

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
By default it tries to search online, fails and asks if it should search offline. That's what I'd like to get rid of so it just searches offline automatically without it asking me and having to confirm it.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear, I was looking for a way to use Maps offline without turning off data. I use very little data, so I only have 100Mb a month. I got burned for over 50Mb the other day when I turned on Maps to find an address.

Seeing as Drive has a setting for this, I cannot understand why Maps does not.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear, I was looking for a way to use Maps offline without turning off data. I use very little data, so I only have 100Mb a month. I got burned for over 50Mb the other day when I turned on Maps to find an address.

Seeing as Drive has a setting for this, I cannot understand why Maps does not.

Thank you for clearing that up, I misunderstood your question :)

Although I'M glad I did cause your reply made me look at the options to find how to make Nokia Drive+ use the offline maps by default (the Internet Connection button for the other slow people out there like me :grin: )

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos