Is Xbox Music just not working (loading...) for anyone else?

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Since last Sunday, every time that I try to open Xbox Music, it either hangs for a long amount of time on the green screen with the headphones and then just switch back to the start screen *or* it opens the app, but then just keeps looking for music and never finds anything and times out and goes back to the home screen. The funny thing was that I was playing music through the app and then I changed from my earbuds and connected to a Bluetooth speaker and then when I went to play the music, it just hung while looking for music on the phone. I have the syncing of my cloud collection turned off, so it is only searching locally on the device.

I have been a loyal Windows Phone user from the start and have been a subscriber to Xbox Music/Zune from the time the subscriptions started and, while I know we are dealing with a beta app on the developer preview of the OS, I cannot believe what a mess the Xbox Music experience has been for me and my wife. I am on the Lumia 920 and she is on the Lumia 1020. We have both run into this problem over the past few days.

I can get Cortana to play my music, but that is not an acceptable workaround to having a fully functional (or even partially functional) Xbox Music app. Has anyone had this problem where their music just stopped loading into the Xbox Music app? Anyone know how I might be able to fix it???

Anojan Sivam

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Try uninstalling the application, then reinstall it.

All we know is they are working on fixing issues with the app, I've haven't had an issue since the launch
but that is only because i listen only in the morning when i use it.
You can't uninstall Xbox music in DP 8.1

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hard reset is about the only thing I'd suggest.
And then use a different music app - Xbox Music is just a complete mess.

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset is about the only thing I'd suggest.
And then use a different music app - Xbox Music is just a complete mess.

Since last Sunday, every time that I try to open Xbox Music, it either hangs for a long amount of time on the green screen with the headphones and then just switch back to the start screen *or* it opens the app, but then just keeps looking for music and never finds anything and times out and goes back to the home screen. The funny thing was that I was playing music through the app and then I changed from my earbuds and connected to a Bluetooth speaker and then when I went to play the music, it just hung while looking for music on the phone. I have the syncing of my cloud collection turned off, so it is only searching locally on the device.

I have been a loyal Windows Phone user from the start and have been a subscriber to Xbox Music/Zune from the time the subscriptions started and, while I know we are dealing with a beta app on the developer preview of the OS, I cannot believe what a mess the Xbox Music experience has been for me and my wife. I am on the Lumia 920 and she is on the Lumia 1020. We have both run into this problem over the past few days.

I can get Cortana to play my music, but that is not an acceptable workaround to having a fully functional (or even partially functional) Xbox Music app. Has anyone had this problem where their music just stopped loading into the Xbox Music app? Anyone know how I might be able to fix it???

Since you have WP8.1 all your apps and settings will be put back on, so you have no worry of doing a hard reset.

Hope it helps.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hard Reset is what the Windows Phone Support team advised me to do as well. I guess I'll give that a shot. I know that hard resets are much less of a hassle than they used to be, but they are still an annoyance.

Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in using a different music app, unless anyone knows of any that are fully compatible with Xbox Music subscriptions allowing you to download new songs and manage your content.

RCinFC

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Noticed this happening on my 1520. Thought it might have been an issue with my SD card, but I removed it and the same issue happened. Did resetting the phone work?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have the same problem. I can see the green screen for minutes and minutes. Nothing happens. Also, Mix Radio is lagging an awful lot. This has not happened with DP initially.
Other music apps work alright. (Probably Mix Radio and xbox music read the same libraries off the memory which you can tell as they are both able to rudimentary read my playlists and double them. Other music apps cannot read any playlists. See my other posts on this issue.)
Anyway I wanted to reinstall xbox music and discovered there is no uninstall option in the menu. How can I work around this?
Hard reset is out of the question as a. I have done a hard reset two weeks ago and b. all that was saved in the back up was contacts, no apps, no preferences. Please help me to uninstall xbox music only!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not been working since 8.0 :p as the app itself is a joke. I put a handful of songs on to my phone for the gym, cycled through fine. I get there and they are no longer there despite the files are still on my phone lol. Same issue I had when I first got my phone (back in 2012), since I have Nokia music as a back up it doesn't bother me that much.

I get this error "error code 80070003" when trying to play my music.. and after MS has taken over Mixradio (after the unbranding update).. my music no longer plays... hardly surprising :angry:

Last edited:

FLiPKicks

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
​I had this problem when updating to 8.1DP. I tried a couple of things.

1. Set the date to something far in the future (ie year 2164) and see if you could uninstall the music app
2. Use Cortana to play music. Say "play (some known music on your phone)." Let it play then try opening the app again. I did this a couple of times and it started working.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You can't reinstall the app. When mine just hangs at the splash screen, powering off and on again sorts it out. Not really acceptable though.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nah. I couldn't be bothered with another hard reset. Just a reboot made it go away. And then I gave money to Apple for an iPod - Xbox Music is no more for me.

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, yeah switching off and on again helps but as you said it is not acceptable. Cortana is available in the US only, so not for me. How are things with the ipod, hotphil?
I sort of gave up on xbox music although this and podcasts were two of my favourite occupations when I still had an Android phone. None of the two is possible now, although at least there is mixradio and DS audio station.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have also moved on to an iPod now. Xbox music is just too inconsistent for me. My biggest problem is when I buy music on my phone it won't sync back to any of my other devices - PC etc. I have all the correct settings, it just won't happen. It's easier to sync my iTunes to my 925 ffs.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So, iPod doesn't create non-functional duplicate playlists for no reason, it syncs, it shows album art, it doesn't click between tracks, when turned in it doesn't try to play non-existent tracks etc.
Using xbm is like going back 10+ years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett