Can't Live without Wp 8.1 Features but Hate Battery Life of WP 8.1 DP What to do???

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I keep mine in the charger all day ;(, then carry an extra battery pack when unplugged. That's my undesirable solution until cyan update. If cyan doesn't help then I will be forced to uninstall all apps and only reload ones that have 8.1 update only. Again not desirable and worth the hassle. I have 8.1 DP
Cyan Update will make it just like Wp8 Black or even improve more because Firmware update optimize everything according to the phone right now everything is Not optimized for Wp 8.1

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine in the charger all day ;(, then carry an extra battery pack when unplugged. That's my undesirable solution until cyan update. If cyan doesn't help then I will be forced to uninstall all apps and only reload ones that have 8.1 update only. Again not desirable and worth the hassle. I have 8.1 DP

If you can't do a hard reset, or don't want to follow the recommended process I described above, it's likely best not to install the preview.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll do the hard reset as stated above, yes its a hassle, but will have to wait until after vacation. 920 is staying home for this one sadly.

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did this. Phone was working better for a few days and now it is back as usual. It might be an app that I installed but how am I going to isolate the culprit (battery saver doesn't tip me off). I'd love if the diagnostic app allowed us to view processes running

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I did this. Phone was working better for a few days and now it is back as usual. It might be an app that I installed but how am I going to isolate the culprit (battery saver doesn't tip me off). I'd love if the diagnostic app allowed us to view processes running

Like I said, if you are experiencing this issue, you should not install all your apps at once. Install three or four at a time, use it for a day or two and then, if everything is still working fine, install the next batch.

Start with the most important apps first, and work your way through. It's not a huge pain, but it isn't exactly user friendly either. I know.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
if you have too many tiles flipping than ya

Sorry, but that is incorrect. Flipping live tiles, nor their number, have any perceivable affect on power consumption.

What will matter are the number of background agents that are allowed to periodically run, in order to update those live tiles. If you disable all of them, then you can have a hundred live tiles without noticing any difference whatsoever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12