WP8.1 preview, general help please

allysisa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all please forgive me if this has been asked and answered before im pretty new to all this stuff so I thought I ask you guys my question and see if I get told off lol ....... im waiting impatiently for the 8.1 phone update ive a lumia 625 brought it 3 months ago.... if I was to do the 8.1 for developers and the official 8.1 gets released will I get that update to over ride the developers update?

If it all went wrong I saw that nokia software recovery tool can reinstall the software when it was shipped

How does that work please and would I some how have to back up this phone and again if so how.

Sorry for all the questions just getting it all out there.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you update to the preview, all you will get when 8.1 officially rolls out is the firmware part of the Cyan update (which includes camera stuff and probably battery optimisation). The full Cyan update includes 8.1.

You can use the recovery tool to downgrade - it puts you on the "most recent commercial release" which would be 8.0 GDR3+Black firmware.

Before any sort of hard reset (made by phone or software) would wipe everything so you would have to do a backup before doing the reset - if you go into settings there should be an option for Backup - have peek in there.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes you will get updates
2. I don't think you will have any problem while/after installing DP. as long as I know the "problem rate" is not high so why should you be one of them?)) anyway that recovery tool seem pretty simple (I didnt use it) if you figured out how to post here your questions you could easily get used to that software

Don't forget to backup first Settings / Backup

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't personally but my 620 doesn't have the biggest of batteries so have never really noticed any unusual drainage.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234