Can't backup

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? Since updating to 8.1, my phone can't use the backup feature. It gets to 96%, and then gives an error message saying it couldn't back up at this time. It's been two months. :(

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It happened on my 928. That's was like a month ago but I can't remember what I did to get past it. It'll hit me at some point today, sorry.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I was having a similar issue and found this is a thread about the same subject. This worked for me.

posted by book1245

"A user named SwimSwim had been getting this issue as well, and recommended deleting the backup that was stored and manually backup up. I deleted my backup, started a manual synch, but got the same error message. However, I saw on the "manage backups" page that the same amount of space that had been used before on OneDrive was again there. I turned my WiFi back on (I had been keeping it off due to the WiFi-reboot issue many have been experiencing), tried a manual backup, and it went through! "Last backed up 5 minutes ago"

Now this isn't anything certain, so don't delete your backup unless you're sure you want to try this, but it did work for me. Thank you SwimSwim!"

Here's a link to the thread. http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ew-developers/277723-backup-always-fails.html

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the info.

I tried this- deleting my old backup and forcing a manual backup- but it didn't work. I get to 98% now, which is at least further than the 96% I'd been getting stuck at.

I also found someone saying that the image used on your lockscreen could cause this, so I changed that to a smaller image. Still no luck.

This really stinks.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the info.

I tried this- deleting my old backup and forcing a manual backup- but it didn't work. I get to 98% now, which is at least further than the 96% I'd been getting stuck at.

I also found someone saying that the image used on your lockscreen could cause this, so I changed that to a smaller image. Still no luck.

This really stinks.
My sons 520 was doing this but fortunately it did work for us deleting the old back up. I would contact support on twitter they are normally really good

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I did a Bing search and found a thread on this topic on the MSDN network. It can be found here:
Manual Backup not working "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later"

On there, the tech person suggests disabling text backups temporarily, and then trying again.

I did this, and it worked! I'm going to have to go through my texting history to see if there's anything really crazy or long in there, I guess. But hey, I'm happy. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa