Camera goes black

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I did a soft reset. I did a hard reset. I did the nokia reflash thingy and reupdate everything. I reset the camera. I restarted the phone. Nothing seems to be working.

The problem is whenever I use any app that uses the camera, it shows nothing. It seems to work with 8.0 and when I update to 8.1, but the latest update seems to cause my camera to not work at all. I open up Microsoft camera and it's black with only the camera, burst mode, and video button. Nokia camera is just black. I try to read some QR codes on my app and the camera area is black. Nothing using the camera works. Any suggestions on things to try to resolve this problem?

Just for reference, this is a Lumia 920 on AT&T running the latest Developer Preview

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I did a soft reset. I did a hard reset. I did the nokia reflash thingy and reupdate everything. I reset the camera. I restarted the phone. Nothing seems to be working.

The problem is whenever I use any app that uses the camera, it shows nothing. It seems to work with 8.0 and when I update to 8.1, but the latest update seems to cause my camera to not work at all. I open up Microsoft camera and it's black with only the camera, burst mode, and video button. Nokia camera is just black. I try to read some QR codes on my app and the camera area is black. Nothing using the camera works. Any suggestions on things to try to resolve this problem?

Just for reference, this is a Lumia 920 on AT&T running the latest Developer Preview

faced something similar, but not same. my camera went darker, restart phone worked for me
+920

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Holy cr*p
Same problem here. And still on.
But
I'll not reset my phone.
I can live without camera.
Games are more important for me.

Members online

Forum statistics