What do you think about Notification Center?

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Windows Phone 8.1 for like a month and now that I see the notification center with an everyday use perspective, I feel like it's lacking something.

Do not get me wrong, but I kinda feel like its aesthetics are sort of basic and doesn't follow all the efficiency that Windows Phone could give.

Notificacion Center does the job pretty well, but stuff like the not having the chance to dismiss one notification per app, but having to dismiss all from that app, are errors that we get used to, but certainly would be nice to be fixed.

I think Notification Center is now kind of a mess in terms of organization, it could be pretty if the UX team manage to group notifications and give the users the chance to smartly dismiss the ones they want, instead of having an almost infinite list of "Message from Person" when chatting through WhatsApp for example.

In my opinion, the use of a single, or two levels of thickess of Segoe WP is one of the problems.

This is not a complaint but I'm starting a debate of how Notification Center could be even better :)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
huh? I thought that if you swipe a notification, only that notification appears. and if you swipe the app icon, then all notifications from that app disappear.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
oh really. I admit I haven't tried it I just thought it works that way. definitely an oversight on Microsoft's part.
other wise the Action Center is a very very useful, probably the most useful feature added in WP8.1
I use it all the time to quickly check notifications without unlocking and it allows me to unpin ugly non-transparent tiles.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I actually find pretty nice when the notification has two levels of typographic information (underlined green), but I think it's up to the developers to optimize for that.

wp_ss_20140630_0001.jpg

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So are you saying that in the screenshot posted above one cannot swipe away just the first or the second notification from WhatsApp?

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i think the notifications are pretty useless with that font size. they should reduce the size a little bit to see more of the message or do the "2 levels" thing.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
So are you saying that in the screenshot posted above one cannot swipe away just the first or the second notification from WhatsApp?

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

It's what happens. You dismiss the group, not the desired individual notification from it.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
But that's how notifications work in my nexus 4. Well, I want some more detailed notifications instead of 1 liner. I mean, some apps in wp doesn't enjoy background task by default like BSNL. If I want to pay my bill, I have to enter OTP code sent in my msg but if I open msg, that bsnl app freezes and I can't access that payment page again as when I switch back to that app, it resumes and refreshes that payment page and it's not allowed in 3D secure page. If notifications are more detailed, I won't need to open msg, instead I can see that OTP code in my notification center.

Well, even IE refreshes everytime when I switch back to it after minimizing it. Is it by default or am I missing something ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon