Refresh photo's live tile?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there any trick known to mankind for getting the photos live tile to refresh? It has a mind of it's own, much like the app updates in store used to have way back when.

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, I know that you can go to Settings -> Photos+Camera and choose if you want the Live Tile to change between all your photos or only your favorite ones (or select just a photo which is not the case here).
Directly bellow there is a button which selects randomly a photo for your live tile (so refreshes the tile), depending on what your preference is from above.
Try that!
Sorry if i'm confusing you.. I'm kind of tired and I don't give so much attention to my writing... :)

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I should have thought of that on my own! It does seem like it refreshed the favorites. Which had been stale by several days.

There is also a shuffle button.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's still kind of wonky. I can go in to settings, switch to all photos, shuffle, come out of settings, go back in and set to favorites again.

At this point it will use favorites but an older version of favorites. New images are not there and old images removed as still showing. Even a reboot of the phone doesn't change anything.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What if you select favorites and then shuffle? Does it change anything?

No, and it gets even weirder now. It did update one time but it keeps going back to a much older cache. I completely changed my favorites around a little over a week ago when I first started this thread. I had it showing some of the newer photos for a brief while but it has gone back to using the older favorites.

I think it goes back to the older photos after a reboot. Which I have to do on occasion because of the periodic 4g/WiFi drop that occurs on WP8.1.

MS makes these live tiles a real PITA sometimes.

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Gee... Resetting the phone seems to be the only solution then.
Yeah sadly the live tiles for some apps are useless..
The problem you face might have to do with the fact that photo hub changed from integrated to the OS to stand alone application.
Microsoft keeps changing core stuff and that's unacceptable.

kmpride

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
When I go to Photos & Camera, the only options I have are Camera settings, Auto Upload, and Apps. There is nothing for Photos or Tiles.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go into the photos hub, then tap the "..." at the bottom and choose "settings"

From there, you have:-

* "Start Tile shows" (choices for - all photos, favourite photos, single photo)
* "Shuffle now"

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Go into the photos hub, then tap the "..." at the bottom and choose "settings"

From there, you have:-

* "Start Tile shows" (choices for - all photos, favourite photos, single photo)
* "Shuffle now"

That does nothing for this issue. The problem is it doesn't seem to know the favorites have changed. It will switch to all photos or a single photo just fine. I figure one day it will probably catch on and update.

v8steve

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanx, this worked for me after recent upgrade to 8.1 - tried earlier suggestion of going to Settings > Photos+Camera, but no good; but accessed and reset the same settings via Photo Hub, & live tile is now shuffling my favorites again! Strange but true :) [ Nokia 620, after factory reset, btw - due to 8.1 upgrade killing the Camera ...but thats another story...]

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa