Do NOT download the Calendar update

Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Really mind boggling how a core app can be this broken. This NEVER should have gotten past QA testing, period. If one digit is off that causes the app to crash on 90% of phones, there is a serious problem that should have been caught before the update was pushed. This needs to be fixed today.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you're already on 8.1, obviously the calendar would have updated automatically. Mine did. I just checked, the update came today and when I went to add a new event, my calendar crashed and took me back to the home screen. Ugh... This is on my 925. I just turned on my 810 and cancelled the download for calendar on that. At least one of my phones running 8.1 will be okay, then.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I thought because I could add a new team to sports I had got away with the broken Calender app but alas no, just installed the calender update and its broken.
O2 Uk Lumia 720

PimblyCharles

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It's crashing for me as well on my Lumia 822. Cortana seems to be able to add an event, but editing it crashes the app. Creating an event in the app crashes it as well. MS better fix this immediately, as it's probably my most used (and important) app on WP.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
damn, it closes if I try adding an event on 925. I hope it gets fixed soon. There is still online calendar for those who need it in the meantime.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone with the broken calendar tried a third party calendar to see if it would work, like "simple calendar" or maybe "true calendar 8"? I don't use the OEM so not suffering any issues, but just wondering if this would help anyone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It was an easy and lucky fix for me. Calendar works perfectly now.
My symptom was I could not get back to the desktop after viewing the calendar. Your symptom might be different.

What I did was switch windows to another app I had running, then forced a shutdown. When it came back up, it worked like a champ again. I like the update too as a matter of fact.

killinghall

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Crashing on my beloved 1020 😂. I can live with this for the short term, and believe M$ will not let such a high profile boo-boo 👎 go unfixed for too long...mark my words!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
What is it that every MS update wither it be an app or system updated makes things worse? Its like my 360, with every update it makes it slower and more laggy.

On top of that we're on Bing weather app update #4 and still no transparent tile and Xbox music is still an absolute joke.

Get your head out your *** Microsoft and stop working on other platforms till you fix your problems at home.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
If you had read the thread properly you would have seen that Simple Calendar does not work.
If your talking to me, I didn't read every single "my calendars broken also " post. My calendars not even broken, just hoping to make a maybe helpful suggestion. So you pissed because your calendars broken or you just always rude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos