Do NOT download the Calendar update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised not to find a post about this yet, but the calendar update of today is causing crashes on all phones as you can read in the WPCentral article comments when adding an appointment or editing an appointment. Cortana still adds appointments.

So, do not install the update. Too late for me.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Great, should've read this earlier, crashing too on my 1020. What kind of quality control is this?

You try making an app and making sure it is perfect. What's really going on? Probably one single digit is off and because of that, it's trying to find something that isn't there and crashing. Yeah, a single digit is probably causing us all issues, we're only human, sorry folks. Heck, maybe this is the wrong version that got uploaded, happened before on a game when it was first released (they released a beta version, not the true release, again, only human). Give Microsoft a little bit of a break, probably a day, and let them figure it out.
Good luck Microsoft!

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
You try making an app and making sure it is perfect. What's really going on? Probably one single digit is off and because of that, it's trying to find something that isn't there and crashing. Yeah, a single digit is probably causing us all issues, we're only human, sorry folks. Heck, maybe this is the wrong version that got uploaded, happened before on a game when it was first released (they released a beta version, not the true release, again, only human). Give Microsoft a little bit of a break, probably a day, and let them figure it out.
Good luck Microsoft!

You are right.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I am surprised not to find a post about this yet, but the calendar update of today is causing crashes on all phones as you can read in the WPCentral article comments when adding an appointment or editing an appointment. Cortana still adds appointments.

So, do not install the update. Too late for me.
Not for everyone, cause mine is working fine as used to be...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...
I let the update run and install and all is well.
925 on T-Mobile USA

edit...
Oops not working

Last edited:

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thats why I am always recomending everybody to disable auto updates in both Windows 8 and WP8 Store (not Windows Update itself!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss