Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

ofello

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
So happy, keep hitting that update check button! It's worth the wait mate, so far it seems like a lot of little things that group together to make a big difference.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I give up. I hope one day the phone gets the cyan update and the OS update from dp to official... But I am no longer checking. *goes and checks If there is an update available*

NoodleKing

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
So let me get this straight... from what I've read and seen so far, the DP/Bitlocker issue has thrown a wrench in Microsoft's plans and has effectively halted the update rollout for everyone, even folks that didn't jump the gun with the developer preview, until they come up with a patch for it?
I've also read that the hold up would only be for those who are on DP, not the folks still using stock WP8.
Does anyone have a definitive answer?

rodrigoa81

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I Just got Lumia Cyan update yesterday with Mexican Operator Telcel. To this date there are phones without Lumia Black from that carrier, but they released Lumia Cyan incredibly fast.

To anyone that hasn't received the black update, go to Telcel and make them update your phone, they are going to tell you that it's going to be under your responsibility if it doesn't work correctly, but it does work. I did this with both my phone and my wife's phone (Both are Lumias 625). You will lose all your info, but since you need Black to get Cyan this is a good option, instead of waiting for God knows when for Telcel to release black and then Cyan.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140717_0001[1].png
    wp_ss_20140717_0001[1].png
    92.1 KB · Views: 25
  • wp_ss_20140717_0003[1].png
    wp_ss_20140717_0003[1].png
    82.9 KB · Views: 26
  • wp_ss_20140717_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140717_0003.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 25

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Australian carriers are freaking lazy. So it might take up to a month or so for them release it

Well it could be worse, you could be living in the US, if you were you probably wouldn't get the update till like a month or two after everyone else on earth does. Which stinks for me since i'm here in Florida, USA with T Mobile and nothing on their site about a release schedule other than an old news post saying it will release from T Mobile "This Summer" Yeah right what a load.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well it could be worse, you could be living in the US, if you were you probably wouldn't get the update till like a month or two after everyone else on earth does. Which stinks for me since i'm here in Florida, USA with T Mobile and nothing on their site about a release schedule other than an old news post saying it will release from T Mobile "This Summer" Yeah right what a load.

Here is the status for US.

Availability in North America - Nokia

ALL US Carriers are still in testing. I'm on Verizon and expecting them to roll it out in another week or so.

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Posted this on the 925 Cyan page, but I'm in Canada (on Koodo) and my 925 got the update for 8.1 (first an update to prep the phone for 8.1, then later the actual 8.1 update.) It came when I was only connected to Wifi, notified me without me even checking for it.

It finished installing, and now it's doing its actual "updating". The low-battery screen is all that's showing up right now (despite it being plugged in...) so I hope nothing is wrong.

Anyway, thought I'd mentioned it because I heard no one in North America had gotten any updates for 8.1/Cyan yet.

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
It's weird.

And now I don't know what's wrong, but despite being plugged in, it's just showing the "charge battery" screen when I try to wake up the phone. I don't know if I ought to wait, in case this is part of the updating, or if I should restart the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro