06-07-2016 06:32 AM
4,930 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Probably. but they just update the website.
    Do you think that will be all for today. i mean total updates. or they will add something more ?
    If we come to msoft/nokia there is only one probability MAY BE" !!!
    07-24-2014 11:32 AM
    Anyone thinking this is reasonable behaviour on Nokias/MS's behalf must be a total moron.
    This is not the way you treat your customers. Would Apple ever do this? Have they ever? NO!

But these guys do this every time. Every single time there is an update, they publish it 6 months earlier with vague deadlines. When those deadlines come close they start throwing some news about when the update is comign out, never telling anyone which devices and which countries they mean by the dates. And then, finally, they go public with big official press releases "Updates start rolling out today!". And still most of their customers have to wait weeks until they get anything. And of course there isn't a schedule where you could check when you can expect the update.

Whereas Apple, as much as I hate their guts, gets it right. They go public with the update WHEN IT'S READY. They say: "Ok guys, here's the update, here are the new features. Update starts today". Why is that so hard to do? Apple has way more devices out there and they can handle it. It's the respect for their customers, that what I say. Respect, or lack of it as in a case of MS/Nokia.
    palmujukka and decaf19 like this.
    07-24-2014 11:44 AM
    Anyone thinking this is reasonable behaviour on Nokias/MS's behalf must be a total moron.
    This is not the way you treat your customers. Would Apple ever do this? Have they ever? NO!

But these guys do this every time. Every single time there is an update, they publish it 6 months earlier with vague deadlines. When those deadlines come close they start throwing some news about when the update is comign out, never telling anyone which devices and which countries they mean by the dates. And then, finally, they go public with big official press releases "Updates start rolling out today!". And still most of their customers have to wait weeks until they get anything. And of course there isn't a schedule where you could check when you can expect the update.

Whereas Apple, as much as I hate their guts, gets it right. They go public with the update WHEN IT'S READY. They say: "Ok guys, here's the update, here are the new features. Update starts today". Why is that so hard to do? Apple has way more devices out there and they can handle it. It's the respect for their customers, that what I say. Respect, or lack of it as in a case of MS/Nokia.
    I agree with you on this, but Apple has only few devices. So, it becomes easy for them to roll out updates.

Edit: By few devices I mean number of different phones they have like iPhone 5, 5s, etc.
    07-24-2014 11:48 AM

Couldn't agree more, ms treatment to its minuscule user base is shockingly bad
    07-24-2014 11:48 AM
    What's wrong with you guys. Ask those guys who received cyan update, what's the difference from wp8.1 DP n they will say I couldn't notice any difference. Have DP installed if you are so impatient to see hw wp8.1 works and stop complaining.
    07-24-2014 11:53 AM
    we should tweet Joe Belfiore :D maybe he will find a solution for this big mess caused by cyan
    07-24-2014 11:55 AM

Let the rage begin.
    07-24-2014 11:57 AM
    At least MS made DP available to all end users not all Android folks are getting Android L
    07-24-2014 11:58 AM
    What's wrong with you guys. Ask those guys who received cyan update, what's the difference from wp8.1 DP n they will say I couldn't notice any difference. Have DP installed if you are so impatient to see hw wp8.1 works and stop complaining.
    What's wrong with you? Maybe the firmware gives better battery performance and its more comforting knowing you're on an official OS than a preview...also having updated radio drivers may help reception on carrier's devices...I see you're on this thread likely because you're "impatient" too or you wouldn't have even seen the people "complaining" gtfo...
    leningrado3 likes this.
    07-24-2014 11:59 AM
    Indian 1520s are getting update since yesterday morning. The Nokia site has also listed it as "Available"
    07-24-2014 12:02 PM
    AT&T Lumia 1520 getting some update. Will confirm once completed.

Yes confirmed, its the pre 8.1 update. Cheers guys and thanks to AT&T. We are heading towards 8.1 + cyan.
    07-24-2014 12:02 PM
    Very interesting... Are you on DP?
    07-24-2014 12:05 PM
    I believe, that the biggest mistake of MS was making DP available to every moron and jurk out there... including me.
    07-24-2014 12:06 PM
    I believe, that the biggest mistake of MS was making DP available to every moron and jurk out there... including me.
    The more they give, the more you ask for (c).
    Skamath likes this.
    07-24-2014 12:07 PM
    Yes confirmed, its the pre 8.1 update. Cheers guys and thanks to AT&T. We are heading towards 8.1 + cyan.
    Some screenshots would be nice ;)
    07-24-2014 12:08 PM
    Well, maybe, but I for one never installed the DP. I'm not that impatient any more (too old maybe). But, since they said on 15.7. that the updates have started I've been waiting to get the update. And of course, for nothing.

Is it too much to ask to actually publish the update when you say you have?
    07-24-2014 12:13 PM
    I haven't heard from any one that their carrier stopped working since they are on DP or the drivers stopped them from getting their tasks done and I don't know how much battery you will save with the official update. Calm yourself MS is also trying to push the update we all know official update is good but not that we need to complain every day
    07-24-2014 12:13 PM
    im on at&t 1520 and i had an update to it told me this will make it easier to update to windows phone 8.1 and im not on developer preview
    Silviu Bogusevschi likes this.
    07-24-2014 12:14 PM

WAH! I got it too! But I'm at work all day until 6PM central tonight, won't have access to WiFi until then... :(
    Oh well, I'm just glad it finally, FINALLY came in.
    07-24-2014 12:17 PM
    07-24-2014 12:20 PM
    Very interesting... Are you on DP?

No I flashed back to black 2 days back for cyan.
    07-24-2014 12:21 PM
    After that download got done it said I had another update when I checked so downloading that one now it's taking a lot longer then the first download report back soon

yep got windows phone 8.1 official no dp (CYAN!!)
    07-24-2014 12:22 PM
    Downloading in Texas.. at&t Nokia 1520
    NoodleKing likes this.
    07-24-2014 12:28 PM
    So this week is for 1520 after all !! :)
    07-24-2014 12:40 PM
    well.. the phone needed to do an update, before it could do the next update.. which it's doing now.. not sure what the first one was.. took about 30 min.
    07-24-2014 12:41 PM
4,930 ... 6162636465 ...