Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
how did you that? Is there a way to flash a rom?? Can you teach me??

U can download a rom using navifirm+. But you need a product code of specific country to get their rom..

Then you can flash with Nokia care suite 5 or latest version

Sorry am on mobile so can't give you any tutorial links

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

UPDATE 2014/07/15: Nokia Cyan Update will VERY LIKELY begin rollout to Lumia 925, Lumia 1520 and Lumia 1020 THIS WEEK (14 July - 20 July) or NEXT WEEK (21 July - 27 July). -- via NPU.

Thanks everyone!

It is the 24th Now and none of the Lumias have got any updates in AUS, I mean NONE. I guess you should add AUS below Canada in the list

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
It seems the whole roll out is a total mess from a customer's view point. No one seems to be able to take responsibility for letting anyone know when we can receive this update that has been flying around 'the system' for months. This is simply unacceptable from a customer viewpoint, and shows a total lack of customer focus on the part of all the parties concerned (Microsoft, Nokia and carriers).

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

MOSkorpion

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Satya Nadella is not "in charge" of the rollout. He got his product, Windows Phone 8.1, out the door. Now the providers have it. THEY are the ones in charge of the rollout.

Under testing= undergoing final testing with Microsoft, country or operator to achieve approval.

As i allready told:
IMO it doesnt look like that the rollout depends on the carriers. Its more that they release it in a few countrys on a few devices, than they look if there is someone complaining about bugs and 1 week later they roll it out everywhere else but just the devices they allready tested.

If this is right they will rollout Cyan on 520 and 1520 within a week almost everywhere else and than start with the next few devices. And again and again.

I hope that im wrong because i dont want to wait Months for Cyan on my 1020.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
how did you that? Is there a way to flash a rom?? Can you teach me??

It's a very good way of kissing goodbye to the warranty on a brand new phone as well. And you risk losing some of the 4G bands the phone has, as one user on here found out the hard way. They couldn't be restored even with the original ROM being flashed back.

Bear that in mind if you wish to go down this particular road.

Charles-09

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
sir my lumia1520 runs on preview for developers and country variant phone do I till need to use nokia recovery tool to receive the cyan update with no issues and errors?? my country is Philippines I want to know if cyan already released in Philippines??

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
sir my lumia1520 runs on preview for developers and country variant phone do I till need to use nokia recovery tool to receive the cyan update with no issues and errors?? my country is Philippines I want to know if cyan already released in Philippines??

.antay lang tayo dre lapit na yan..1520 rin cp q..

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Phones with the developer preview aren't currently eligible for the update as Microsoft still hasn't fixed the Bitlocker bug. However, Cyan isn't available in Philippines for 1520, so there's no need to downgrade your phone at the moment.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Ma1dere

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Some good news for Vodafone Australia
The testing for Lumia 625, 720, 820 and 1320 is complete, so it may start rolling out within the next 2 weeks.

Testing complete, update is still not rolling out. But it MAY (or may not) start doing so within 2 weeks.
Somebody wants to sell dem 930's and 63x. Will end up selling more iPhone 6's tho lol.

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I think we can blame our carriers if the update hasn't arrived for carrier-locked phones yet.

As for Country Variant devices, the blame rests with Nokia. In Australia, NokiaAustralia are ridiculously lazy and incompetent.

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's a very good way of kissing goodbye to the warranty on a brand new phone as well. And you risk losing some of the 4G bands the phone has, as one user on here found out the hard way. They couldn't be restored even with the original ROM being flashed back.

Bear that in mind if you wish to go down this particular road.

The warranty part is just false. You just need to flash original rom before you send it to nokia/ms.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I think we can blame our carriers if the update hasn't arrived for carrier-locked phones yet.

As for Country Variant devices, the blame rests with Nokia. In Australia, NokiaAustralia are ridiculously lazy and incompetent.

Messaged Nokia UK via Facebook and despite telling them my phone (lumia 820) was bought in the UK sim free, they are still saying it is subject to carrier approval. I think I am going to send t-shirts to everyone involved in this saying 'the buck stops somewhere else'!

Call me cynical, but maybe it is just that they want people to get fed up waiting and buy a new phone instead. Problem is, it might not be a Nokia.

Darthnorbe

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, buy iphone for 1000$ and you will get updates faster, or buy android, with phone like 820 you won't get any update, so best luck!
Anyway still waiting for update to L1320

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo