Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Not that it gives any answers, but I just got an email from Microsoft support saying:

I understand your disappointment about the process of Windows [phone] 8.1 update and release date. I'm sure Microsoft and carriers have their own reasons why the process is like this but, it's never too late to hear your point of view. We have escalated your feedback to the appropriate support team. They will review your suggestion for consideration during the next revision of the program.

While we cannot implement every idea, we do rely on customer feedback when designing and building Microsoft products. We appreciate you sharing your ideas about improving our products.

I appreciate you taking the time to contact us, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Take Care!

Sincerely,

Jaffie
Microsoft Customer Service Representative

As I said in an earlier post, if people do write to Nokia/Microsoft, it might help them refocus on future releases. What's to lose?

In case anyone is wondering, my comments that prompted this response were that the process needs to be more focussed to the customer, and not how the industry likes to work.

Last edited:

AntnyGoomba

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's true data sense in that it only goes by what your device keeps track of, not what AT&T is saying you've used. For example, after resetting your phone the counter starts back at 0.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's true data sense in that it only goes by what your device keeps track of, not what AT&T is saying you've used. For example, after resetting your phone the counter starts back at 0.
Well that's how data sense actually works, it doesn't sync with the carrier's server to track how much data you've actually used but only tracks the data used by your device on your device

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Tweeted TMo USA, a holes the lot of em, 3 weeks down the line and still saying "Later this year." Ughhhh yould think with their competitors shooting the updates out already would make them hurry up. But not at all nooo.

I bet 500$ that the software fixes for 8.1 DP will arrive before TMos Lumia WP 8 phones get Cyan.

Once I get my 500$ I'll go for DP, to heck with TMo.

PS I'm only waiting to hope I can avoid having to void the warranty. But I will go for DP anyway if the fixes for it arrive first.

forestgump4

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
to those who updated to Cyan from AT&T:
Which languages are available in Settings -> Language? In Black update there are only English and Spanish. Is the Hungarian language in AT&T's WP 8.1?
Thanks for reply in advance.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Under testing= undergoing final testing with Microsoft, country or operator to achieve approval.

As i allready told:
IMO it doesnt look like that the rollout depends on the carriers. Its more that they release it in a few countrys on a few devices, than they look if there is someone complaining about bugs and 1 week later they roll it out everywhere else but just the devices they allready tested.

If this is right they will rollout Cyan on 520 and 1520 within a week almost everywhere else and than start with the next few devices. And again and again.

I hope that im wrong because i dont want to wait Months for Cyan on my 1020.

If the Update is out of the door for the operators to approve, what about Impatient nuts like me who own the phone out right and not locked to any providers? Even the country variants are showing under testing . WTF is testing the update for a CV phone? ;)

AntnyGoomba

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
to those who updated to Cyan from AT&T:
Which languages are available in Settings -> Language? In Black update there are only English and Spanish. Is the Hungarian language in AT&T's WP 8.1?
Thanks for reply in advance.

All languages are there, you just have to download the one you want by tapping on the Add Language

AntnyGoomba

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Well that's how data sense actually works, it doesn't sync with the carrier's server to track how much data you've actually used but only tracks the data used by your device on your device

Well, yes and no. Some carriers actually do provide that info. As the definition of what the feature is on WindowsPhone.com http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/connectivity/use-data-sense-to-manage-data-usage describes it can read from the carriers that provide the info. That, to me, would be "true" data sense 😁

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I want your guys' opinions on this...I just bought myself a new Lumia 920 (coming tomorrow) and my wife a new Lumia 1020 (coming monday)...they will come with WP8 on them, of course, we have 8.1 DP on our 520s, should I wait for the 8.1 at this point or do the DP upgrade?

I'd just download the preview. Unless u have a 1520 or Icon the Cyan update is largely irrelevant and the 8.1 OS is behaving perfectly for me. I can't understand why all these peeps who own everything but a 1520/Icon are getting g so agitated about an update that doesn't really add much

forestgump4

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately it is not true undar Lumia Black. Yes, you can download any language, but when I set a different one, it can be used for only keyboard. And the system user interface remains English.
My question is if I add Hungarian (magyar) language, will it applied for phone language too?
Somebody could check this to me? (under Lumia Cyan, AT&T)
(This info will be visible like 'Phone language: available' under the addedd languages in settings -> language)
Thank you, guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720