Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Ashwin Divakaran

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is taking too long....

I hate Android but updates are quick and hassle free unlike those in WP. Even the amber update took so long...

We desperately need the Cyan firmware in India ASAP !

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I m from India and updated my Lumia 1320 with preview for developers months ago. How would I got Lumia cyan update? It will be OTA or I have to do something to get rid off this 8.1 preview for developers first??? Plz reply 😊

Hey welcome to WPCentral forums Vivek Tyagi :smile: Once cyan update is out for your device just head into phone settings/phone updates and check your phone for updates. Update will be OTA( It's always great idea to backup all your important stuff before doing any OS/Firmware updates).

Shinu Vasudevan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

In a bid to prevent thousands of threads and posts asking when your country has received Lumia Cyan or Windows 8.1 for your Lumia, I thought I'd put it all here (with permission from Laura Knotek) as a sticky, so you all can track each country's release.

Feel free to PM me, if I've missed a country here and there, and I'll add it to the list! :)

LUMIA CYAN + WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 HAS BEEN RELEASED IN:

• Finland
  • Argentina
  • Turkey
  • Thailand
  • Spain
  • Taiwan (台湾)

FOR THE DEVICES:

• Nokia Lumia 925
  • Nokia Lumia 625 (Thailand, Spain, Taiwan)

THE UPDATE HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED IN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS:

• The Americas (except Argentina)
  • Africa
  • Canada
  • Europe (except Finland and Spain)
  • Asia Pacific (except for Thailand and Taiwan)
  • Middle East (except Turkey)

THE UPDATE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE FOR:

• Nokia Lumia 1520
  • Nokia Lumia 1320
  • Nokia Lumia 1020
  • Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon)
  • Nokia Lumia 928
  • Nokia Lumia 920
  • Nokia Lumia 822
  • Nokia Lumia 820
  • Nokia Lumia 810
  • Nokia Lumia 720
  • Nokia Lumia 620
  • Nokia Lumia 525
  • Nokia Lumia 521
  • Nokia Lumia 520
  • Samsung ATIV SE
  • Samsung ATIV S Neo
  • Samsung ATIV S
  • Samsung ATIV Odyssey
  • HTC 8X
  • HTC 8XT
  • HTC 8S
  • Huawei Ascend W1
  • Huawei Ascend W2

DEVICES SUPPORTED BY WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 AUTOMATICALLY:

• Nokia Lumia 630
  • Nokia Lumia 930

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will update this list as needed, following as many updates as I can. Please PM or Post (if the thread is not locked) when the update officially rolls out in your country.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: This is for the official Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan Update. This is not in reference to Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview.

After Tuesday 1 July 2014, any updated entries will be added to the list in GREEN.

UPDATE 2014/07/02: A fake report and screenshot concerning the release of Lumia Cyan in Turkey has been removed. As of Wednesday 2 July 2014, Lumia Cyan is not available in Turkey for the Lumia 1520.

UPDATE 2014/07/03: Following correspondence with Nokia Australia: If your phone is from a different country, you will need to wait for the update to be released in that country. Changing the region will NOT work.

UPDATE 2014/07/07: Nokia Cyan Update on L625 has been officially CONFIRMED for SPAIN and TAIWAN (台湾).

Thanks everyone!

@cocotutch-According Microsoft, their plan is to release the update to Sales Candidate(selected folks) on 25th and 26th week. And OTA update on 28th week till end of september.But originally SC release started on 26th and 27th week(delayed by a week). Not sure whether OTA will be available on 28th week of this year..Worst case it should be out by 29th or 30th week

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
@cocotutch-According Microsoft, their plan is to release the update to Sales Candidate(selected folks) on 25th and 26th week. And OTA update on 28th week till end of september.But originally SC release started on 26th and 27th week(delayed by a week). Not sure whether OTA will be available on 28th week of this year..Worst case it should be out by 29th or 30th week

Any link?
Tomorrow starts the 29th week.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Whatever happened to the cyan rollout in India? MS had tweeted it would be out in the second week of July but still no update here :(

Edit: Just read previous posts. Guess we'll have to wait till September then. What a drag...

Shinu Vasudevan

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Whatever happened to the cyan rollout in India? MS had tweeted it would be out in the second week of July but still no update here :(

Edit: Just read previous posts. Guess we'll have to wait till September then. What a drag...

Only the higher end phones are gonna get it... Followed by others. Higher end phones like 925, 1020 will get it in 29th /30 th week. Rest will be updated in the following weeks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills