Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE 2014/07/03: Following correspondence with Nokia Australia: If your phone is from a different country, you will need to wait for the update to be released in that country. Changing the region will NOT work.

I have a HK country var of lumia 1020 but flashed with a AU country var firmware. so Does it mean that I still need to wait for the firmware update from HK or I get it when the rest of AU get it? same goes to WP8.1 :eck:

Cheers
S

Something similar happened to me on the same phone with the Amber and Black update. With Amber I think the FW I had was HK var and for Black it was AU var when the respective updates were released but I don't know where the FW was released for me to get it on my phone. I wasn't paying attention. As the phone is flashed, if I cant get AU var I will have to revert back to HK var? or will I get the update only when HK gets it regardless of which var of the FW I have?

Last edited:

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting for official WP 8.1 and Cyan on my L520.

I know my phone needs a RM-915 ROM, but I can't find an official one from Finland.

Also I'd like to know what does "SKD" mean in this ROM:

059T203 RM-915 VAR LATAM AR CV SKD

Thanks in advance.
Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

SIDD_DEY

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Germany took revenge when they found out Lumia Cyan update was not aired in their region and instead in Argentina.....Cortana was Achtung about it...she smelled and predicted the same....smart eh??

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Aww I know what you just did here :smile: xx

:smile:

India is a nation teeming with youth and respect.
It is also a nation hungry for technology thus the quest for the newest and best.

Leaders in technology would do themselves a great service by following the Indian trends and bowing to the behemoth.
The behemoth being a well educated populace spreading beneficial knowledge throughout the globe.

IMO there's a lot of great energy emulating from this part of Asia!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
:smile:

India is a nation teeming with youth and respect.
It is also a nation hungry for technology thus the quest for the newest and best.

Leaders in technology would do themselves a great service by following the Indian trends and bowing to the behemoth.
The behemoth being a well educated populace spreading beneficial knowledge throughout the globe.

IMO there's a lot of great energy emulating from this part of Asia!

I know one guy (he isn't young,47) Satya Nadella :smile: and yes I have to agree with you, youth have lot of passion towards latest tech.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I know one guy (he isn't young,47) Satya Nadella :smile: and yes I have to agree with you, youth have lot of passion towards latest tech.

I see Satya as sooper intelligent!
If you read about him his resolve to educate himself was quite inspiring.

The East Indians I know here in the US are very insightful and disciplined when it comes to learning.

It used to drive me nutz with the constant questioning...now I see the questions from all angles in a different way.
Americans are very slack at times with detailed answers.
Details are very important so many Indians here have resorted to asking 6 questions worded differently to derive relevant answers.
This has taught me (and the wife) to answer a question in a detailed and organized manner.
So you see the benefit of two societies interacting there.
Pretty cool I thought.

cheeseberg

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I see Satya as sooper intelligent!
If you read about him his resolve to educate himself was quite inspiring.

The East Indians I know here in the US are very insightful and disciplined when it comes to learning.

It used to drive me nutz with the constant questioning...now I see the questions from all angles in a different way.
Americans are very slack at times with detailed answers.
Details are very important so many Indians here have resorted to asking 6 questions worded differently to derive relevant answers.
This has taught me (and the wife) to answer a question in a detailed and organized manner.So you see the benefit of two societies interacting there.
Pretty cool I thought.

So if you were in charge of the rollout, would you give specific dates etc. as when each country/model will get it's update?

Razp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Open extras+info > more info > Manufacturer Name
There the country will be mentioned. You will get the update when that country releases it.

Not sure about that.
I have a 925.1 "RM-892_eu_spain_453" and no Cyan yet.
Edit: Changed the "Region" setting to "Spain", still no updates available. So I have a Spanish Lumia 925 with its region set to "Spain" and no Cyan. Unlike the OP's information

Last edited:

Razp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You will get the update when Nokia Spain releases it for the Lumia 925.

But the OP says Nokia 925 has been updated in Spain.
Maybe there's something more than just a Region / Firmware country combination?
e.g. I have an unlocked model with a Portuguese SIM installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3