Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
general question on updating, hope it's ok to ask here
I am in the UK and have 2 phones, both are on the o2 network, one of these phones is locked on o2, the others isn't so will work on all networks (changing sim card)

For the locked phone, I understand that the 8.1 & Cyan update will come from o2
For the unlocked one, Cyan update will come from o2, but where does it get 8.1 from,does this come from o2 also because it has an o2 sim (phone not locked to o2 though)

Thanks

The unlocked phone will get Cyan when its original network releases it, regardless of the sim in use. If however it was factory unlocked (ie sim free), it will get it when it is released for that handset. In the about section it will say CV UK.

8.1 is part of the cyan update so you can't have one without the other, unless you are running the developer preview of 8.1, where you will only get the firmware side of the update.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, That's right, second is unlocked, so does this update come direct from MS ?

There are 2 types of update , 1 OS update which you can grab now via Developer Preview program and 2 which is the firmware update by nokia (cyan update ). You can get them both from nokia once it's approved in your country or by carrier.

Benjboi

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The frustration as always is the lack of information from MS. TBF it's the same with Android and don't get me started with the lack of info you get from the networks in the UK. There are many useful features that will help me with work greatly, not least of which are wordflow, calendar improvements, office lens, notification centre and improved battery life. The updates though are so scattergun, Finland gets the update, then Argentina, now Thailand and Spain. I understand that practically it makes sense to hit markets with lower numbers of users to field test the update gradually and then move into bigger markets but I wish it could just be 'right we are updating Europe over the next 2 weeks, after that we'll be updating Asia etc.' I know that this is not logistically possible or even desirable for the developer but I can live in hope.

crebbia

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Several devices were confirmed in Turkey (Lumia 925 ONLY) two weeks ago.

UPDATE: SEE FIRST PAGE FOR FURTHER ROLLOUT DETAILS.

THE FIRST DEVICES TO RECEIVE THE UPDATE WILL BE:
  • Lumia 925
  • Lumia 1020
  • Lumia 1520
I own a L925 and it is unlocked. I check update every single day. Still nothing. Region is set for Turkey also.

crebbia

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Only few devices in Turkey received the update. The rest of the devices should receive the update this or next week.

It is interesting cuz we have a wpfan forum (which is one of the biggest for wp in tr). I asked about the update for L925 if someone got it or not. No one knows. However we'll see...

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Why can't we just download this firmware from MS Site and install on our own? Put a disclaimer... install at your own risk. At least we don't have to die slowly...everyday...just...waiting...for...this...Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos