Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I held down the power+volume down, and now it's on the rolling gears page.

Will keep you updated.

I feel exclusive... even though I know nothing about WP in general, a few hours of research tonight lead me to believe no one else in Canada has gotten this update? Weird.

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Well as far as I know, you're the first person to get the update in the entire freakin continent.

That's why I'm kind of creeped out. I'm not lying about any of this... wish I'd screenshotted it. It was the 8.1 update, with a whole terms of agreement page and what not.

I'll let you know what happens when the gears stop spinning... about 1/16" left.

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Yup, it's Cyan. Phone's 'about' page says its WP8.1 and a few seconds ago I got a notification saying "this is cyan" or something. I like this action center.

Weird. I feel important now.

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Huh .... It seems it leaked bit... :p

Anyways ccongrats mate...

I'm just curious to see when other people start getting it. So far it seems pretty nice. The action center affair is cool. I'm told the camera is better. I don't know if Cortana is in here, but whatever, I'll look for her later. And the new Live Tiles thing is sweet.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious to see when other people start getting it. So far it seems pretty nice. The action center affair is cool. I'm told the camera is better. I don't know if Cortana is in here, but whatever, I'll look for her later. And the new Live Tiles thing is sweet.

Hmm .. Enjoy the day ... Is there any lag on home screen scrolling??

Btw Yu can get her by changing region and speech settings to united states.... Or else you could wait... I would like to know about the battery life hope you would post about it after some random usage

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Using 3 column or 2??

3? Not sure. Again, I got my phone last month and I don't really use it that much... just for texting, email, some internet and whatever... I don't bother with any nice features. I'm an underwhelming kind of person to have received the update early.

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Gonna go to bed now... will be up in about 4 hours for work. In the meantime, let me know if anyone else is getting this update. Also, ask any other questions, if you have them, if I can be of any help.

WPcentral people, feel free to message me or email me if you have questions too.

Peace

spartegus

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 625 yesterday
Battery drain issues and battery saver not working

In general as I set battery saver in windows 8 brightness reduces but its not working in 8.1
Please tell me how to activate it

And under settings-> display,
I got only COLOR PROFILE and dint get BRIGHTNESS PROFILE

ShAsadAhmad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You are looking for the "Battery Saver" application introduced in 8.1. Its a great way manage your background apps as well. You'll find it in the main application's list & the setting's menu.

To adjust the screen brightness browse into the settings menu. Scroll down to find the "Brightness" tool. I prefer my screen at Medium while you can use Auto - which is the default.

I strongly suggest a reset once you have updated the phone!!

cheeseberg

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 625 yesterday
Battery drain issues and battery saver not working

In general as I set battery saver in windows 8 brightness reduces but its not working in 8.1
Please tell me how to activate it

And under settings-> display,
I got only COLOR PROFILE and dint get BRIGHTNESS PROFILE

Brightness has it's own place in settings. It is three places below Battery Saver. You have two choices, Bright or Automatic. Select Automatic.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
My o2 branded 925 is doing a pre update, saying it is a required update before 8.1

cant be long now for those of us in the uk

After a restart and a migrating data it is now downloading a large update

hopefully this is 8.1, will update once it finishes

looking good for uk 925 owners

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb