Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

spartegus

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you ShAsadAhm

But I say a pic of a phone with cyan update and in which under display settings below colour profile there was brightness profile and the main thing is
Battery saver brightness is not working

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a UK unbranded 820 and have just got an email from MS telling me 8.1 is now available for 'most devices' and encouraging me to download it. The official update page, however, still says testing and trying a phone update says I'm already up to date. I am on the 8.1 dev preview, is that why I can't update? Can anyone confirm what's going on with this in the UK? Seems MS is confused...

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a UK unbranded 820 and have just got an email from MS telling me 8.1 is now available for 'most devices' and encouraging me to download it. The official update page, however, still says testing and trying a phone update says I'm already up to date. I am on the 8.1 dev preview, is that why I can't update? Can anyone confirm what's going on with this in the UK? Seems MS is confused...

8.1 w/ Cyan is not yet available for 820, it will become soon.

Edit 1: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/
use this page to check the availability.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's been some mixed messages from Microsoft for anyone outside of the US. I had an email also a few weeks ago informing me of the update. windowsphone.com also has been telling us for weeks that 8.1 is the latest version and pointing us toward the Nokia update site that's stubbornly told us that Black is the latest version.

Hopefully the ball is rolling now and as soon as Microsoft sort out the bitlocker issue, we'll see the updates rolling out.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
just to confirm the o2 variant of 8.1 for the 925 is now working in the UK

hopefully they will get the others out fairly quickly (I have never had the dev preview, went straight from 8.0 to 8.1 if it makes a difference)

3 column mode on home screen makes my phone look like a new device :smile: need to check other features out now

percistratus

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I think this is not a Canadian rollout. I'm told Nokia Lumia 925 is not available in Canada, so this dude may have imported it from another region. What matters is the region the phone was made for, not where it is currently being used.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I think this is not a Canadian rollout. I'm told Nokia Lumia 925 is not available in Canada, so this dude may have imported it from another region. What matters is the region the phone was made for, not where it is currently being used.

Exunctly. The update system goes off the ROM and matching product code. Location is irrelevant, as is the current SIM in use (in the case of unlocked handsets).

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I got that email on Wednesday, also not available on my 920

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
why is the 920 taking so long isn't it pretty much the same as the 925 in terms of hardware
Yes it is I was wondering the exact same thing I think our 920s support wireless charging which 925 doesn't...like I said earlier in this post this is the strangest update release schedule I've ever seen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99