Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

aldrin731

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the bitlocker delay mentioned on the first page is for just the 925 and 1020 or for all devices? I don't even have bitlocker so I don't see why I should wait. Same goes for anyone else who doesn't have it

you dp users, you are the reason for this delay. If you are not using that, we will get update.
I also not using bit locker and dp but now i am waiting

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
you dp users, you are the reason for this delay. If you are not using that, we will get update.

That doesn't even make any sense. That is like blaming the milkman, because he took the cow for a vet exam to check whether his cow had encephalitis and he didn't want it to pass on to you. (which admittedly is a pretty fatal disease)

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
LMAO what are you rambling about? It's better that it happened now to people on the Preview and not later on everyone else's

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

If you're that impatient, downgrade with the recovery tool and then update to Cyan. It's even mentioned in the relevant article.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the non dev preview users are made to wait. Lumia Cyan is still rolling out to users (925 and 625) not using dev preview

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the bitlocker delay mentioned on the first page is for just the 925 and 1020 or for all devices? I don't even have bitlocker so I don't see why I should wait. Same goes for anyone else who doesn't have it

Until they fix the bitlocker issue...the update will freeze for all Lumia models except 925 and 625

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
So the last few posts, are you telling me that cyan released everywhere and for every device, and u just need to recover from dp to original and you get the updates? o_O

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
So the last few posts, are you telling me that cyan released everywhere and for every device, and u just need to recover from dp to original and you get the updates? o_O

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Cyan has still only been released for the 625 and 925, but if you are running DP and it is released for your 520, then you would have to downgrade to 8.0 in order to get it, until MS remove the block that is preventing DP users from getting the update.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I believe that 1520 & 1320 are next to recieve the update worldwide and I believe it would be next week. After that I believe that Lumia 920 & 820 will recieve the update. That sounds logical.

Cheeky_47

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe the attitude of some of the folks on here.

First of all, the 8.1DP is a DEVELOPERS PREVIEW. It's NOT beta, it's the same as the release but without Cyan accompanying it it won't be optimized for specific phones. It's a bit like installing Windows on a PC without the drivers.

Secondly, FFS stop whining about "When am I going to get Cyan". Check the bloody release update from Nokia!! It's only 625 and 925 at this stage! Why are people with with 920's etc. constantly asking why they aren't recieving Cyan.... IT'S NOT AVAILABLE YET!!! Sheesh!!!

Thirdly, the "bitlocker issue". Read the bloody info people!! IF you are using bitlocker and IF you're using the DP and IF Cyan is released for your phone you WON'T be getting it unless you either A:), Roll back to 8.0 OR B:) Wait for a fix. That's it, it's that simple. If Cyan isn't released for your phone then IT'S NOT YET AVAILABLE!! Again, CHECK THE NOKIA SITE FOR AVAILABILITY. If you're too stupid to simply check for availability then you probably shouldn't have installed the DP in the first place.

It's not rocket science.

And to the folks having a go at MS/Nokia.... Really?? I mean....you're kidding right?? These hiccups are the reason they release the software to developers in the first place. If you don't like it or you're worried about it then DON'T INSTALL DEVELOPER PREVIEWS!!!

So please, stop polluting this thread with inane questions and ridiculous requests. Wait until Cyan is released for your phone, you'll get there eventually.....

<rant off>

I have a 920 and a 1520 running 8.1DP. The 920 is running flawlessly and the 1520 is very slightly buggy but the advantages of running 8.1 vastly outweigh the issues so I'm going to wait for a fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos