Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

WinGeek

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I doubt USA will be getting updates for anything any time soon.
Which sucks, noting that Microsoft is an American company. You would expect them to release Cyan in the States first, but no. They have to release that update to other countries first. (End of rant)

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Which sucks, noting that Microsoft is an American company. You would expect them to release Cyan in the States first, but no. They have to release that update to other countries first. (End of rant)

Probably because the Americans have more disposible income than most others and can afford to buy newer phones more often, so why give a free upgrade when you could sell a new phone?

WinGeek

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
True. AT&T has a feature named "AT&T Next", in which the customer only pays 12 or 18 monthly installments. After that, he or she can use that same feature on a newer phone.

NoodleKing

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My guess is because the market share in other countries is a lot higher than it is in the US, so Microsoft can afford to "test" the rollout there. If they rolled out the update in the US and major bugs were found, it might cause the market share in the US to divebomb.
It sucks for us Americans because we have to wait longer than anyone else but at the same time I can rest assured that once I do get the update, it will be the best version of it.

wabelo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So do I, have an unlocked AT&T 1020 in Lima Peru (using a Claro SIM) and no update =( ... Couldn't wait and now have DP... n_n"

Telmo Baldaia1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Cyan Installed on Lumia 1520 CV GBIE, on Portugal using Vodafone PT.
wp_ss_20140722_0002.jpgwp_ss_20140722_0001.jpg

IF YOU HAVE DEVELOPER PREVIEW 8.1, RESTORE TO 8.0 AND YOU WILL HAVE THE UPDATE AVAILABLE.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Good Morning From India - Lumia 1520

I will start the update now. Any precautions to be taken other than Full Battery charge? or Just start the update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion