Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

NoodleKing

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I need to stop reading WPcentral. It just makes me irritated that the USA is not getting the update before anyone else. I hope all of the anticipation and hype is worth it when it finally gets released. Of course it might be short lived anywhere if Microsoft doesn't release a killer phone for ATT this year.

I know, dude. I don't mind that we won't get it first before anyone else, but at least upgrade some of the phones in the US along with other countries.

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I know, dude. I don't mind that we won't get it first before anyone else, but at least upgrade some of the phones in the US along with other countries.

Microsoft - American company which owns Nokia now...at&t American company and yet everywhere gets update before USA....i see where their priorities are and what we mean to them PS on at&t Lumia 920

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I am not from US and i dont have 8.1 either, so its not just you xD it seems that MS do this releases randomly (besides finland)
Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

NoodleKing

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
what about Lumia 1520 middle east region? i am not getting any update for Cyan on developer mode 8.1

Watch the Nokia tracker page to see what is listed as available. If your phone is not listed there, come check here. If no one in this thread has said they've gotten an update in your region, you should assume that the update it still not available for your phone.

MichaelSC

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all... for those that are desperate to have Cyan on Nokia 1520, I live in New Zealand and have a Hong Kong CV firmware, I successfully down graded from DP 8.1 to 8.0 using Finland Firmware though Nokia care suite. As soon as I booted back up after downgraded the phone started updating to Official Finland Cyan 8.1 on firmware # 02061.00066.14253.4003 hardware # 5.0.0.1
noticeable difference is the little arrow on the data and WiFi signal, now has a USB option in settings and my wireless charger now completes to 100% quicker than it used to on D.P 8.1.

The fact that the 1520 was never released in NZ it makes no difference to me who the original firmware originates from... once you get passed the Finnish language and the phone reboots you then just delete the software the bloatware that comes with the regional rom and every thing works perfectly... I have set the region and language to USA and have Cortana working seamlessly as well, with the exception that the NZ accent is a bit harsh for Corona I would say it is a out 90% accurate.

So rather extreme way to go, but if you are going to have a hernia because you are being made to wait then just grow some brass ones and do what I did and enjoy.... now I will get on with life and twiddle my fingers until the next big thing/ update comes along. 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo