Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
They say first two weeks, but this is ******* absurd. I honestly wish they never told about the update until it was ready for every phone. We've been waiting since April for this ******* update and we still have no answer on exactly when everyone gets their version updated because they won't tell us for whatever bull**** reason. I honestly think it's a scam to make people lose patience so they end up buying a phone that already has 8.1, which means paying for a free update. I don't give a **** if it's Nokia or Microsoft or the CEOs or whoever is in charge of this dog and pony show. They all should get boots up their asses for putting all of us through this ****. And to think I used to work for these ****ers.

Written very angrily from my still not updated Lumia 920.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
They say first two weeks, but this is ******* absurd. I honestly wish they never told about the update until it was ready for every phone. We've been waiting since April for this ******* update and we still have no answer on exactly when everyone gets their version updated because they won't tell us for whatever bull**** reason. I honestly think it's a scam to make people lose patience so they end up buying a phone that already has 8.1, which means paying for a free update. I don't give a **** if it's Nokia or Microsoft or the CEOs or whoever is in charge of this dog and pony show. They all should get boots up their asses for putting all of us through this ****. And to think I used to work for these ****ers.

Written very angrily from my still not updated Lumia 920.

Nobody said that EVERY phone will receive Cyan in first two weeks. Stop crying and don't misinterpret the info.

MOSkorpion

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys m really waiting for cyan update for Nokia 920 India....m patience is dying...any ideas??

1 or 2 Weeks before release: Pilot rollout on 625 and 925 (just in a few countries)
release Week: Rollout on 625 and 925 (almost everywhere else)
1. Week after release(this week): Pilot rollout on 520 and 1520

expected(IMO):
2. Week: Rollout on 520 and 1520
3. Week: Pilot rollout on 720 and 820
4. Week: Rollout 720 and 820
5. Week: Pilot rollout 920 and 1320
6. Week: Rollout 920 and 1320
7. Week: Pilot rollout 620 and 1020
8. Week: Rollout 620 and 1020

I dont know which devices will get Cyan first but this is the Sequence of the release in my opinion.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just out of interest, how many have asked Nokia or Microsoft via facebook or twitter when they can expect their updates? I realise you wont get an answer, but the more people ask the question via the main social media networks, the more likely they are to act. (Nokia and WP websites seem to make it impossible to contact through the websites themselves).

It is probably too late for them to recover this fiasco of a launch with the mis-information (much of it spread by magazine websites) and delays, which they say are down to the way the industry works, but it MIGHT make a difference to how they handle future updates. The more people get in touch, the louder the voice (possibly!!)

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Just out of interest, how many have asked Nokia or Microsoft via facebook or twitter when they can expect their updates? I realise you wont get an answer, but the more people ask the question via the main social media networks, the more likely they are to act. (Nokia and WP websites seem to make it impossible to contact through the websites themselves).

It is probably too late for them to recover this fiasco of a launch with the mis-information (much of it spread by magazine websites) and delays, which they say are down to the way the industry works, but it MIGHT make a difference to how they handle future updates. The more people get in touch, the louder the voice (possibly!!)

What kind of fiasco are you talking about? Nokia stated from the beginning, Cyan will roll out this summer, is there anything wrong with it?

Only Nokia India stated a more or less exact term about beginning of rolling out of Cyan (in first two weeks of July), and it was right, no? 625 and 925 in India received their Cyan on 14 July.

Stop complaining please.

Ramsis Eden

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

We don't know exactly their strategy, but it seems like that, to make more SUSPENSE about this update.
and in life-cycle software always you can get an exact day of release. exact and precise information, which Microsoft/nokia right now they don't care. they have us in the a**

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
What kind of fiasco are you talking about? Nokia stated from the beginning, Cyan will roll out this summer, is there anything wrong with it?

Only Nokia India stated a more or less exact term about beginning of rolling out of Cyan (in first two weeks of July), and it was right, no? 625 and 925 in India received their Cyan on 14 July.

Stop complaining please.

I don't know if you work for Nokia or Microsoft, but you seem to have rose tinted spectacles on. Many sources let many people who I would say are of above average intelligence to believe that this roll out would happen on or soon after the end of June. It is now a month later. This may be the fault of third party reporters, but remember this release was trumpeted by Microsoft back in APRIL.

I think, and certainly in my case, the main issue is the lack of any concrete information, and the customer is not at the focus of this launch. It may be the way the industry works, but I agree with an earlier post that don't tell us one thing, then keep us waiting for months on end before you deliver.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
1 or 2 Weeks before release: Pilot rollout on 625 and 925 (just in a few countries)
release Week: Rollout on 625 and 925 (almost everywhere else)
1. Week after release(this week): Pilot rollout on 520 and 1520

expected(IMO):
2. Week: Rollout on 520 and 1520
3. Week: Pilot rollout on 720 and 820
4. Week: Rollout 720 and 820
5. Week: Pilot rollout 920 and 1320
6. Week: Rollout 920 and 1320
7. Week: Pilot rollout 620 and 1020
8. Week: Rollout 620 and 1020

I dont know which devices will get Cyan first but this is the Sequence of the release in my opinion.

8th week !!!!!! L620

Between wher Yu got this info?

Ramsis Eden

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Stop complaining please.

There's no complain, but lack of professionalism from part of ms/nokia.
according to their information (in first two weeks of July) we should all all all have the update as we are in 4th week of July.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
it is all about managing customer expectations, and on this occasion, I am sorry to say Microsoft / Nokia / Mobile phone industry have failed badly in that.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you work for Nokia or Microsoft, but you seem to have rose tinted spectacles on. Many sources let many people who I would say are of above average intelligence to believe that this roll out would happen on or soon after the end of June. It is now a month later. This may be the fault of third party reporters, but remember this release was trumpeted by Microsoft back in APRIL.

I think, and certainly in my case, the main issue is the lack of any concrete information, and the customer is not at the focus of this launch. It may be the way the industry works, but I agree with an earlier post that don't tell us one thing, then keep us waiting for months on end before you deliver.

So do you believe those "sources" instead of official Nokia statements? Let me remind you about a source: evleaks, leaked BeNeLux slides. Check them, you will see how close is the actual roll out to that slide.

[offtopic]
The thing is that people like to misinterpret the info.
I didn't read so much people complaining about getting updates on their Android phones (because there are actually almost no updates for their phones), while for WP people do expect to receive ALL of the updates, and IMMEDIATELY. I will not be surprised when one day MS will announce a certain phone will become out of support, people will rage (literally).
It's all about YOUR expectations, not MS disinformation (although there wasn't anything like this, or please give some proofs).
[/offtopic]

P.S. And no, I'm not a MS nor Nokia employee.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
So do you believe those "sources" instead of official Nokia statements? Let me remind you about a source: evleaks, leaked BeNeLux slides. Check them, you will see how close is the actual roll out to that slide.

[offtopic]
The thing is that people like to misinterpret the info.
I didn't read so much people complaining about getting updates on their Android phones (because there are actually almost no updates for their phones), while for WP people do expect to receive ALL of the updates, and IMMEDIATELY. I will not be surprised when one day MS will announce a certain phone will become out of support, people will rage (literally).
It's all about YOUR expectations, not MS disinformation (although there wasn't anything like this, or please give some proofs).
[/offtopic]

P.S. And no, I'm not a MS nor Nokia employee.

don't get me wrong, I think the WP is a great phone, but I am certainly not the only one who had expectations much higher than the actual delivery. In tweets and FB messages I have received from Nokia, there is an appreciation that it is not going well, and they are more understanding of the frustration that people are feeling than you seem to accept is understandable. I am just saying that MS and Nokia need to manage their information, tell people what is happening and WHEN, and just giving an answer 'soon' is not good enough. Soon could be after lunch for some things, or 10 years for others.

Mobile phones are all about communication, and having worked in the communication industry for many years, it is firms within the industry who, ironically, are the worst at communicating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)