Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
This thread is a great example of why exacts dates are not usually mentioned

If for whatever reason things cant be released by that date then all hell breaks loose and people act like its the end of the world

Why are Nokia/MS being unprofessional? If I have missed the announcement then sorry, but I thought the only date given was Nokia India which turned out wrong, if this is still the case then blame Nokia India for telling people wrong information

This is the first time I have gone through an update, but this is far better than other manufactures even though they take longer to release

Seyarq

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Calm down everyone. Don't lose your patience, I am sure everybody with Windows Phone 8.0 (Lumia) will get the Cyan update till end of the year. Just wait and check for updates regularly :).

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
This thread is a great example of why exacts dates are not usually mentioned

If for whatever reason things cant be released by that date then all hell breaks loose and people act like its the end of the world

Why are Nokia/MS being unprofessional? If I have missed the announcement then sorry, but I thought the only date given was Nokia India which turned out wrong, if this is still the case then blame Nokia India for telling people wrong information

This is the first time I have gone through an update, but this is far better than other manufactures even though they take longer to release
I don't think Nokia India gave any date. It was MS India.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Calm down everyone. Don't lose your patience, I am sure everybody with Windows Phone 8.0 (Lumia) will get the Cyan update till end of the year. Just wait and check for updates regularly :).

TThey are arguing about wrong information given by msoft btw end of the year is tooo long may be in a month or more

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
don't get me wrong, I think the WP is a great phone, but I am certainly not the only one who had expectations much higher than the actual delivery. In tweets and FB messages I have received from Nokia, there is an appreciation that it is not going well, and they are more understanding of the frustration that people are feeling than you seem to accept is understandable. I am just saying that MS and Nokia need to manage their information, tell people what is happening and WHEN, and just giving an answer 'soon' is not good enough. Soon could be after lunch for some things, or 10 years for others.

Mobile phones are all about communication, and having worked in the communication industry for many years, it is firms within the industry who, ironically, are the worst at communicating.

No, they should not. As more information you get, as more question you will ask.
Yes, Microsoft is lacking in public communications, but they definitely should NOT talk much about "actual release date".

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
No, they should not. As more information you get, as more question you will ask.
Yes, Microsoft is lacking in public communications, but they definitely should NOT talk much about "actual release date".

I don't see why they shouldn't talk about release dates. Even if they say October, and then release early in August/September, at least it is information, rather than leaving people guessing. As I said above, it is about managing expectations of the most important people... the customer.

Like the above post says, maybe they are doing a psychological experiment on us.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why they shouldn't talk about release dates. Even if they say October, and then release early in August/September, at least it is information, rather than leaving people guessing. As I said above, it is about managing expectations of the most important people... the customer.

Like the above post says, maybe they are doing a psychological experiment on us.

Because the release date might depend on several factors. What if some testing will fail and there will be a delay for release? I'm already imagining how people will rage (check the history about Cortana release in UK).

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Because the release date might depend on several factors. What if some testing will fail and there will be a delay for release? I'm already imagining how people will rage (check the Cortana release in UK).

if testing fails, then they can say so. People, or at least I, would then be happy to accept the delay to ensure the product works. It is the lack of information that is the frustration. At this rate we will have Cortana here in the UK before Cyan arrives anyway, as I understand it is due in the next couple of weeks(!!??!!)

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

And what would happen if it was delayed and not released until December

People don't have any patience so there would be uproar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs