Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

amitmenon

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Are Microsoft / Nokia / carriers monitoring this forum. There seems to be a lot of people getting very fed up here.

I hope you are taking note!

frankly i feel wpcentral cyan tracker has been more useful in providing info than nokia's official tracker.
probably nokia and MS are ashamed to see this blog.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Are Microsoft / Nokia / carriers monitoring this forum. There seems to be a lot of people getting very fed up here.

I hope you are taking note!

This is true friend.. like all of us here.. im fed up as well, plus we cant even update to DP to make the wait easier as its now broken and we have to roll back when Cyan arrives anyway. Plus they are nt even giving us dates either.."sigh".

So anyway..

I-Spy with my little eye...

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
This is true friend.. like all of us here.. im fed up as well, plus we cant even update to DP to make the wait easier as its now broken and we have to roll back when Cyan arrives anyway. Plus they are nt even giving us dates either.."sigh".

So anyway..

I-Spy with my little eye...

something not beginning with L____ C___ (clue, the second word is a pale blue colour)

OneDriver88

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I really hope MSFT IS watching this thread. They should let every know when their update for each of the phones that has their OS on them. The carriers are not off the hook, either. MSFT, don't try to force our phones to be bricked. Do the right thing-- release the update. FOR EVERYONE. EVERYWHERE.

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 is next, CONFIRMED by Nokia India (Officials)

Official Nokia India posted about Cyan Update, the Lumia in the picture this time is surely a 1020, rejoice owners, the Flagship Lumia device update is on its way...

10547146_10202609854235316_1462859983381317066_o.jpg

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
So already there is sign of gdr1 update so another firmware + OS update awaits ... But I wonder how long they are going to release that one considering cyan ..... *sigh*

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
It is an ad, not any information about cyan coming to that 1020

Yep thats right.. its a FB ad... I almost got excited there.. if i can be bothered to get excited anymore after this mess of an update rollout..

Ill tweet Nokia UK, see what they say ok.. Ill report back soon

Does anyone else think they could be doing this to generate interest.. holding it back and dragging it out so more people will make more threads around the web.. and pull in more onlookers..

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I really hope MSFT IS watching this thread. They should let every know when their update for each of the phones that has their OS on them. The carriers are not off the hook, either. MSFT, don't try to force our phones to be bricked. Do the right thing-- release the update. FOR EVERYONE. EVERYWHERE.

I don't think you read the original article properly... updating to Cyan from Bitlocker enabled devices running Developer Preview resulted in them being bricked, and the only recovery was to reflash it back to 8.0. By halting updates for all preview users, they have prevented those Bitlocker-enabled phones amongst them from being bricked by the update...

Releasing "for everyone, everywhere" would result in the affected devices being bricked - which contradicts your "don't try to force our phones to be bricked".

amitmenon

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
well i think its right....next is 1020...n probably it will come by this week

and i am saying it from my assumption and using this below link as a base
Supposed Lumia Cyan update schedule leaks for Benelux region | Windows Phone Central

so may be we can see 720 and other devices by next week..........let us cross our fingers

I wouldn't personally... for one, it states "subject to change" and "must not be considered as a commitment", so can't be taken as a definitive schedule. It's no different to saying "soon" - it's not a definitive time scale. Secondly, the 625 and 925 and some 1520s had it released long before what it states on that chart. So you really can't call that a reliable schedule to follow. Add to the fact it was intended for the Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg region only (why else would it be called Benelux? And there's this paragraph:

"The big caveat here is that these dates are for ‘open market variants’ and not – we repeat not – carrier branded devices. As the document notes, those dates are subject to change, pending final approval."

Also, the post I replied to was in fact a generic Facebook advert - I wouldn't take anything that originates there seriously.

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep thats right.. its a FB ad... I almost got excited there.. if i can be bothered to get excited anymore after this mess of an update rollout..

Ill tweet Nokia UK, see what they say ok.. Ill report back soon

Does anyone else think they could be doing this to generate interest.. holding it back and dragging it out so more people will make more threads around the web.. and pull in more onlookers..

Sigh.. -_- maybe you don't know, Nokia India always posted about the Cyan Update a few days before it was launched/released for a specific device, 1st they posted with a Lumia 925, then with Lumia 1520 & now with a 1020, & each time the device in the picture got the official update after a few days or in that week, this indicates this is NOT just an advert by Nokia -_- There always have a reason/logic or a hint/clue behind it !
This time its 1020 in the picture, hence 1020 is next, I can DOUBLE DARE you !

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Sigh.. -_- maybe you don't know, Nokia India always posted about the Cyan Update a few days before it was launched/released for a specific device, 1st they posted with a Lumia 925, then with Lumia 1520 & now with a 1020, & each time the device in the picture got the official update after a few days or in that week, this indicates this is NOT just an advert by Nokia -_- There always have a reason/logic or a hint/clue behind it !

Actually I didnt know that friend, but I can see the reasoning behind it.. so.. hopefully if its hitting india, we may see it here in UK, would be nice.

Im actually waiting for a tweet from Nokia UK, but not holding my breath. so, I said if they didnt release 1020 Cyan.. ide wait for the Nokia Boss outsaide wallmart and steal all their shopping

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Didn't they also do a massive backtrack when they let slip it would be released in the first 2 weeks of July?

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just got a tweet from Nokia in response to my request for some kind of firm update saying:

'...thanks for your patience, it is rolling out following testing.'

Tell us something we don't know!! I have responded by saying that we know O2 have approved all devices in the UK. We'll see how they respond.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got a tweet from Nokia in response to my request for some kind of firm update saying:

'...thanks for your patience, it is rolling out following testing.'

Tell us something we don't know!! I have responded by saying that we know O2 have approved all devices in the UK. We'll see how they respond.

Riddle me this.. if all have been approved in the UK, why hasn't it been released for all O2 devices? Approved means no more testing required, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb