Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Cyan now available for Rogers Lumia 625 (Canada)

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Cyan now available for Rogers Lumia 625. Just saw it listed this morning, will try updating my wife's 625 tonight (although its on dev preview so guessing i'll have to roll back first)

Availability in North America - Nokia

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Riddle me this.. if all have been approved in the UK, why hasn't it been released for all O2 devices? Approved means no more testing required, right?

That would be my understanding. There is a link elsewhere in this forum to the O2 forum where a member of O2 Social media team has confirmed in a couple of entries that they have handed the update back to Nokiasoft (kinda catchy new name, perhaps?) with full approval ready to go.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
That would be my understanding. There is a link elsewhere in this forum to the O2 forum where a member of O2 Social media team has confirmed in a couple of entries that they have handed the update back to Nokiasoft (kinda catchy new name, perhaps?) with full approval ready to go.

Agreed... I've seen multiple conversations from support people like that and they always contradict eachother... one agent said "yes, it's available" and a different agent (to the same customer) said "no, it's still being tested". That's why I don't believe a word from network/carrier forums as 9 times out of 10 they don't have a clue as to what they're talking about. Also, according to Nokia's tracker, it still shows many O2 devices as "Under Testing", including the 1520, where we have had reports of them getting the update. Either Nokia haven't updated it yet, or somebody at O2 is telling us porky pies.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cyan now available for Rogers Lumia 625 (Canada)

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Cyan now available for Rogers Lumia 625. Just saw it listed this morning, will try updating my wife's 625 tonight (although its on dev preview so guessing i'll have to roll back first)

Availability in North America - Nokia

Indeed you will, unless you don't mind waiting for the fix to appear. Just make sure you back everything up, and bear in mind the backup app data/settings feature only works if the app or game supports it in the first place.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed... I've seen multiple conversations from support people like that and they always contradict eachother... one agent said "yes, it's available" and a different agent (to the same customer) said "no, it's still being tested". That's why I don't believe a word from network/carrier forums as 9 times out of 10 they don't have a clue as to what they're talking about. Also, according to Nokia's tracker, it still shows many O2 devices as "Under Testing", including the 1520, where we have had reports of them getting the update. Either Nokia haven't updated it yet, or somebody at O2 is telling us porky pies.

... or both, perhaps?

I find the whole thing disappointing having had Nokia phones going back to the old faithful 5110 (remember those? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!). I have always found their products to be well made with quality parts. I hope under MS things wont continue to go downhill.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
It seems today also MS forgot to roll out the update for the remaining mobile phones....

Are they concentrating on their other products

Crap!!!

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes getting a bit pissed of with this to be honest, this roll out is still gonna being going at Xmas at this rate. I mean there is no carrier crap like android, so why so much testing? Just release the damn thing

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
... or both, perhaps?

I find the whole thing disappointing having had Nokia phones going back to the old faithful 5110 (remember those? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!). I have always found their products to be well made with quality parts. I hope under MS things wont continue to go downhill.

I had one of those, then I got a 6110 (the business version) second hand. It could handle 2 player.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I think they will roll-out on Tuesdays like 925 & 625 start on 15 july i.e. Tuesday, even windows8.1 update was rolling out on second Tuesday of every month, so I think they will start roll out from Tuesdays i.e. tomorrow (only guess, don't wanna any argument)

Pankaj Kumar12

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I just received an update ready for download on my L1320 in India. Settings>Phone Update. It may be Cyan for 1320. Please confirm as it will take at least 6 hours to go home and download it on Wifi.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I just received an update ready for download on my L1320 in India. Settings>Phone Update. It may be Cyan for 1320. Please confirm as it will take at least 6 hours to go home and download it on Wifi.

Looks like, as there are some people reporting it on twitter.

1320 users start checking your phone for updates :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss