Key press sound: Yes or No?

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
So idk where to put this but since I'd imagine most people who use these forums are now on wp8.1 I'm curious as to whether or not you use keyboard clicks? I know some people love them and some hate them so do you use them and tell us why or why not.

I personally use to hate them. I thought they'd get to annoying so I ala says just turned them off. But after a day of using it is not as bad I had anticipated. Idk if I'll stick with them but we'll see. And I love how on WP it sounds like a woodpecker compared to other platforms.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't use them. I've disabled any keyboard sounds on every smartphone I've had since 2009.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I like them (only WP) but don't use them because I use the dialer a lot and THAT sound is the most annoying thing ever.

THIS!!! I wish it was like the old windows mobile, where I could turn off the keypad dialer sounds but still have my keyboard press sounds. That would make me so happy to have this option again.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I shut it off on my 822, but sometimes I swear my gf turns the volume up on her 8x just to hear the keyclicks...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the lock/unlock sounds and keypresses need to be louder relative to the ringtones.

But thats just me.

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
THIS!!! I wish it was like the old windows mobile, where I could turn off the keypad dialer sounds but still have my keyboard press sounds. That would make me so happy to have this option again.
Even though I'm starting to like the keyboard sounds more and more I'm usually the exact opposite lol.
I get a lot of compliments on how the key clicks sound , the dialer needs to be reduced in volume
This.
In my opinion, the lock/unlock sounds and keypresses need to be louder relative to the ringtones.

But thats just me.

I agree 100%

busyman96

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I turn the sounds off. It might be annoying to the people around me. I know it is for me when I hear some guy texting like crazy on his iPhone.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
In 8.1 the keyboard sounds are now tied to the ringtones and notifications volume. As a result they're usually pretty quiet compared to 8.0. Hate that.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I installed a typewriter sound on the desktop @ work. That didn't go over too well :grincry: but it sounded awesome.
Since then, no sounds on any device, ever.....

lol that's genius

I personally love silence even though im listening to music the entire day, even my desktop kb is so silent I think my hands waving make a lot more noise than the kb itself, sometimes I like the dial pad tones though..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As few sounds and vibrations as I can make happen. Every time. Every phone.

A phone should only make a noise to tell me something I asked to be notified about and it should never, ever vibrate at me under any circumstances.

4842116_f260.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel