What carrier am I on? (UK)

Mac182

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

looking ahead to wp8.1 on my Lumia 720, I am looking for carrier settings. My phone says...

CV GBIE

I believe the phone is unlocked sim free. What does this mean for me? My current SIM provider is T-mobile UK. Does this mean I need to wait for them.

Thanks for help

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

looking ahead to wp8.1 on my Lumia 720, I am looking for carrier settings. My phone says...

CV GBIE

I believe the phone is unlocked sim free. What does this mean for me? My current SIM provider is T-mobile UK. Does this mean I need to wait for them.

Thanks for help

Exactly correct. CV means Country Variant, and is the ROM factory unlocked handsets have. So you will get it sooner than a handset with a T-Mobile ROM, despite you having a T-Mobile sim.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
You have the country variant (CV) firmware. You will receive the update when Nokia releases it. if my memory serves me correctly, with Lumia black my phone (Lumia 820 CV) received the update a little after some networks but in theory it should come before then and it is totally unrelated to the sim card you are currently using. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos