05-18-2015 12:12 AM
28 12
tools
    Not having the ability to select all mail, to mark as urgent yourself, from the phone, not being able to tag certain emails differently, no filter support from within the app. I've gone from Blackberry 10 to this and I'm really disappointed. Microsoft doesn't really care. And now cue the horde of people saying it's still the best mail client, that it's probably my fault, that they don't need what I need so therefore no one needs it.
    07-21-2014 11:11 AM
    How about spam filtering? That feature would be very helpful.
    Yes, this is really important if the mail app is to be taken seriously. The whitelist/blacklist and Rules from desktop Outlook need to sync to the phone and be effective, and I need to be able to add new addresses to the blacklist from my phone using the Junk/Block Sender feature. I've found that it helps to leave Outlook running on my desktop computer since it filters messages and the results (messages removed from my inbox) eventually sync to MS Exchange Online and then to my phone. But it doesn't stop the graymail from showing up for awhile on my phone while all this happens.

Of course, if I could really get my wish, Microsoft would take care of all of this on its Exchange Online servers, and the spam would never get to me at all unless I want to see it. But that's too logical.
    08-23-2014 12:33 PM
    This thread is ancient, but I shall reply to the ether. Windows 8.1 is hopelessly broken and Mail is a particular disappointment. The best hardware on the planet can't offset the deficiencies in software.
    05-18-2015 12:12 AM
28 12