Are there any email apps for 8.1 that don't suck?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Are there any apps for email that can manage multiple accounts, have a live tile that tells the total amount of unread emails (instead of newest email since last opened), had signature support, and isn't sluggish on the 1520?

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The built in App is working pretty good for me. Used to suck on 8.0 as you had to download each and every email before viewing. 8.1 has the 'automatically download all emails' option. However I've found that if I'm having a long email conversation with someone, once the email convo gets to around 400kb in size it will stop automatically downloading and revert to having to hit the download button or start a new conversation with that person altogether.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

vimajm

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Metromail , it is really advanced with almost all features, but it still needs some polish and few fixes here and there

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't display total unread email in live tile or in the actually app. It's super stupid to lack such basic stuff.

Ikr. My Blackberry from how many years ago did this basic thing. I think it's stupid.

I think it's also stupid that you have to pin subfolders on the start screen because you don't get notifications for sub folders.

Hell, even when you pin it, it still doesn't notify you. Very stupid

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Except not being able to attach documents and not supporting my work email EAS policy, the email client is sufficient to me - still I do hope we can make a lot of noises (tweet Joe Belfiore etc) to force them know how we think about their work

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Except not being able to attach documents and not supporting my work email EAS policy, the email client is sufficient to me - still I do hope we can make a lot of noises (tweet Joe Belfiore etc) to force them know how we think about their work
I think you should be able to attach documents through the "files" app.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
huh? you're like the only one I know that hates the built-in mail app. I think it's the absolute best email experience ever on a phone.
and for the record it CAN manage multiple accounts (even merge them into one single inbox), HAS signature support, and DOES NOT lag since it is built into the OS.
if you want a count of how many unread emails (within the sync time allowance, say 1 week or 2 week synced) then just tap ..., tap folder, then the number is in parentheses.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
huh? you're like the only one I know that hates the built-in mail app. I think it's the absolute best email experience ever on a phone.
and for the record it CAN manage multiple accounts (even merge them into one single inbox), HAS signature support, and DOES NOT lag since it is built into the OS.
if you want a count of how many unread emails (within the sync time allowance, say 1 week or 2 week synced) then just tap ..., tap folder, then the number is in parentheses.
i have 3 accounts. Knowing how many unread emails I have seems like s really basic feature and still the built in app doesn't do it.

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Link your inboxes. Open any one of your mail accounts, pull up the setting bar and select Link Inboxes. Now you will get one live tile showing the unread mail count for all your accounts.

vimajm

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually I too dislike the built in mail app , but its really smooth when compared to metromail , but lacks few UI elements and advanced features.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Link your inboxes. Open any one of your mail accounts, pull up the setting bar and select Link Inboxes. Now you will get one live tile showing the unread mail count for all your accounts.

I don't think you understand my issue. My issue is that it doesn't show me the total amount of unread emails.it only shows me new emails since the last time I've opened the mail app. And even when I click the unread section in the app it still doesn't show how many emails are unread even if my accounts are linked together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786