Are We Getting App Folder In WP 8.1...?

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I haven't installed windows phone 8.1 developer's preview yet and waiting for the official release but can anyone tell me if we're getting an app folder or not..? I downloaded a free app folder manager on windows store and it sucked cause I was limited to what apps I can put in there..

This link says we are getting an app folder if its true I would be one happy camper...
Microsoft Reveals Windows Phone 8.1 Soon Getting Folders for Apps | NDTV Gadgets

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Lol that is a different app for a totally different experience :) That one allows you to create a folder in which to place similar apps :) kind of an iphone experience

Here is a screenshot of the app folder I am using in WP 8 that allows me to put it in my start screen tiles...Is this what u are talking about..?

uvu2aduq.png
Here is a screenshot of what I'm using in windows phone 8...

Sent from Seattle using Tapatalk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes idd wp8 has that app... I used it as well.. The new one mentioned in the article is much more like the one available on ios.. Not to be mean :p but there is however no confirmation that we will get the ios-ey one lol

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes idd wp8 has that app... I used it as well.. The new one mentioned in the article is much more like the one available on ios.. Not to be mean :p but there is however no confirmation that we will get the ios-ey one lol

iOS and Android have the same app folder system. It's not a folder app at all. It's simply dragging & dropping one shortcut on top of another one.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
iOS and Android have the same app folder system. It's not a folder app at all. It's simply dragging & dropping one shortcut on top of another one.

Kay thanks for the explanation.. I wouldn't really know as I have only worked with it on my girlfriends phone (5s).. It does seem handy tho especially for grouping apps that are similar to each other.. I know there is an app in the store that gives us the ability to do this and add transparent tiles at the same time, but i haven't gotten around to testing it yet

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This app has already been released! I think it's simply called "Folder" try searching for that

People need to stop taking for granted that users own a Nokia phone. If this user was a newcomer and was using an HTC or Samsung, he'd be confused. :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
People need to stop taking for granted that users own a Nokia phone. If this user was a newcomer and was using an HTC or Samsung, he'd be confused. :)

LMAO thanks for that :p I automatically assume that people are using a Lumia lol, but to be honest if he was confused he could just ask us what we're talking about :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786