08-06-2014 01:59 PM
52 123
tools
    I've never had a file missing when I receive over Bluetooth, and I don't tap the banner.

Doesn't it make sense that files go to the respective libraries? If I'm looking for a picture, I don't want to remember whether I received it over Bluetooth or email etc. The picture should be in the pictures hub, with the rest of the pictures. Similarly with music files.

As for unsupported file types, they are useless on your phone, so why would the phone save them.

Just my 2 cents.
    Suppose, you have installed Adobe reader in your phone... You have sent a pdf file to your phone... It is stored in Adobe reader... And, you want to send that file to another phone by Bluetooth... What to do..?
    07-07-2014 02:30 AM
    Suppose, you have installed Adobe reader in your phone... You have sent a pdf file to your phone... It is stored in Adobe reader... And, you want to send that file to another phone by Bluetooth... What to do..?
    the last I knew, adobe reader didn't have this function. I use a pdf reader by pompolutz. It sends pdf files by email and Bluetooth.

If the file was saved in a "received on Bluetooth" folder, how would that help? You would need an app to share the file, and so the pdf reader app which can access the files is what is needed. Having it in a separate Bluetooth folder won't help. For example, you receive an image or a mp3 file, it goes to the respective library/hub. You can share it from there via Bluetooth or email. The problem is with the adobe app, not with the way WP handles files received on Bluetooth.
    07-07-2014 02:39 AM
    the last I knew, adobe reader didn't have this function. I use a pdf reader by pompolutz. It sends pdf files by email and Bluetooth.

If the file was saved in a "received on Bluetooth" folder, how would that help? You would need an app to share the file, and so the pdf reader app which can access the files is what is needed. Having it in a separate Bluetooth folder won't help. For example, you receive an image or a mp3 file, it goes to the respective library/hub. You can share it from there via Bluetooth or email. The problem is with the adobe app, not with the way WP handles files received on Bluetooth.
    If the file is saved in a dedicated folder, we can access that file by ' files' app from Microsoft. We can rename, send, delete-everything is possible. One more thing- if you want to send multiple pdf files at a time from your PC/smart phone to your windows phone, you have send each files one by one, receive one by one and save to the desired app. If we send by marking all of them, you will get only the last one(I think so- I don't see any other option).
    And, dedicated folder is not at all a bad idea... That's why it is present in the android and even Symbian phones.
    And,I respect your thoughts... If you don't need a Bluetooth folder, Microsoft's present implementation is correct. I need a Bluetooth folder- so ....
    07-07-2014 04:14 AM
    The app I mentioned does everything you said- rename, share by Bluetooth, delete. Android and Symbian doing something in a particular way doesn't make it right, same with WP. I haven't been crippled by the way WP handles Bluetooth transfer or pdfs. The app is free and worth checking out.
    07-07-2014 04:31 AM
    You should scroll a little bit above and read my post on saving new downloads to SD Card.

In short Windows Phone 8.1 by default saves new downloads to the phone, but you can change that by going to storage sense in settings.

Even if you believe Bluetooh sharing is not complete, at least it is there, unlike iOS.
    I think you are not correct... As far as I know, no files sent via "BLUETOOTH" goes to "download" folder. They go to their dedicated apps(pdf to pdf reader, epub to epub reader etc).
    07-07-2014 04:32 AM
    The app I mentioned does everything you said- rename, share by Bluetooth, delete. Android and Symbian doing something in a particular way doesn't make it right, same with WP. I haven't been crippled by the way WP handles Bluetooth transfer or pdfs. The app is free and worth checking out.
    OK... I'll check it.. Thanks
    07-07-2014 04:46 AM
    but your advert doesn't split on the secret of HOW u get the app

blu toof without it is useless on the poxy hopeless power-hungry phone.

07-07-2014 01:54 PM
    I use the sharing feature on my Files app a lot to get pictures 'n stuff to OneDrive without having to connect a microUSB to my Surface Pro. I've never heard of (until now) or seen a Bluetooth sharing feature on Files before. What phone is used in the op? I've got the 1520, which really surprises me that I don't have that option.
    07-08-2014 12:03 AM
    I always had a problem while receiving mp3 files, rarely I can see them in the Music hub. After the 8.1Dev update, Im using "files" app as file manager, when I tap to see the mp3 files in the music folder, a sub folder with the name "dldj;fhdaskfhsfhaslkfjalsjfhajhsa351653213" [Something like that] is created and the received files went over there!! Hmm, that's not nice.

One more thing, in order to set ringtones everytime I connect my Lumia to a PC!! Now, I move/copy mp3 files to the ringtone folder in the Internal memory, Unfortunately that never works:( I never saw that mp3 file listed in the Ringtones...
    07-08-2014 12:12 AM
    I always had a problem while receiving mp3 files, rarely I can see them in the Music hub. After the 8.1Dev update, Im using "files" app as file manager, when I tap to see the mp3 files in the music folder, a sub folder with the name "dldj;fhdaskfhsfhaslkfjalsjfhajhsa351653213" [Something like that] is created and the received files went over there!! Hmm, that's not nice.

One more thing, in order to set ringtones everytime I connect my Lumia to a PC!! Now, I move/copy mp3 files to the ringtone folder in the Internal memory, Unfortunately that never works:( I never saw that mp3 file listed in the Ringtones...
    if you are trying to use mp3 files on your phone as a ringtone, use the Ringtone Maker app by Microsoft Mobile
    Manoj Daran likes this.
    07-08-2014 12:34 AM
    I think office hub shows pdf files.. I know office hub not open pdf files itself but when you click on pdf document it opens adobe reader..
    good thing is office hub has bluetooth sharing option so you can share your pdfs from office hub..
    try it.. hope it will help you..
    07-08-2014 01:13 AM
    so WHERE do u get the app - there is no clue here
    why does downloading tapasend help?
    07-08-2014 03:23 AM
    0 approximately

07-08-2014 03:24 AM
    First I heard of it.
    07-08-2014 03:34 AM
    You should scroll a little bit above and read my post on saving new downloads to SD Card.

In short Windows Phone 8.1 by default saves new downloads to the phone, but you can change that by going to storage sense in settings.

Even if you believe Bluetooh sharing is not complete, at least it is there, unlike iOS.
    Maybe you don't realize that when a file received by the phone is not "supported" like PDF, it won't appear in any visible folder and it is stored in the app's "local storage."

PDF is not going to the Downloads folder in the SD card, which is what @kvrbrijith is pointing out.
    07-08-2014 03:54 AM
    <snip>One more thing, in order to set ringtones everytime I connect my Lumia to a PC!! Now, I move/copy mp3 files to the ringtone folder in the Internal memory, Unfortunately that never works:( I never saw that mp3 file listed in the Ringtones...
    See this - How to add Custom Ringtones on Windows Phone 8 - Microsoft Community
    07-08-2014 04:01 AM
    if you are trying to use mp3 files on your phone as a ringtone, use the Ringtone Maker app by Microsoft Mobile
    The app is great! Please try this:

Copy an mp3 file, you want to be the ringtone to "Ringtones Folder" and see if it is listed in the Custom Category of Ringtones Settings. [I used "files" app from MS]
    07-08-2014 04:24 AM
    The app is great! Please try this:

Copy an mp3 file, you want to be the ringtone to "Ringtones Folder" and see if it is listed in the Custom Category of Ringtones Settings. [I used "files" app from MS]
    I've always used the ringtone maker app- it works perfectly. I've never used a pc to transfer songs to the ringtones folder because the app does the necessary indexing.
    07-08-2014 05:19 AM
    You don't have to wait for WiFi direct. It's already available in the store. Go download "Easy Transfer" It's the first WiFi direct Application for wp. And it's pretty cool
    Didn't know about that! Thanks dude!
    07-08-2014 08:07 AM
    I don't see a Bluetooth sharing option on my Files app. How do I do this?
    07-08-2014 01:39 PM
    You don't have to wait for WiFi direct. It's already available in the store. Go download "Easy Transfer" It's the first WiFi direct Application for wp. And it's pretty cool
    Great app.
    07-08-2014 02:46 PM
    When I need full res pictures I send them via Bluetooth. Wish WhatsApp had feature to send full res picture
    Guytronic and anon(7900571) like this.
    07-08-2014 02:58 PM
    On Windows Phone 8.1 you can set the default downloads destination.

Go to settings > storage sense > set SD Card as downloads location.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/eqa6a3et.png

Your PDFs will now be saved to your SD Card.
    I'm not talking about Downloading, I'm talking about receiving file via bluetooth.
    I tried it again with the option you mentioned, but the PDF is still passed to Adobe Reader's internal storage.
    07-11-2014 08:46 AM
    I've used it a few times for music sharing with a friend, but it is kind of slow, anyway its better than nothing and I love the other friend reaction with his little iPhone lol
    07-11-2014 08:17 PM
    My win 8.1 phone and windows 8.1 dell venue 8 pro tab tablet will pair but only for appx. 20-30 seconds. The tablet then says not connected to phone.

Other blue devices will connect and stay connected to tablet without issues.
    07-12-2014 09:13 PM
52 123