Duplicate twitter entries in action center

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that twitter notifications are always duplicated in the action center? Before the most recent update it would happen frequent but not all the time, now after the last update every twitter notification is duplicated (see pic). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no effect. Is this affecting anyone else?

yba9yjus.png

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Is it also just the twitter app doing this for you?
Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I was experiencing the very same issue. Reinstalling fixed it for me.

Tried a reinstall, deleting temp files and IE history and temp, rebooted and still get the issue.

Edit: Not sure but I may have found the issue. I disabled tweet notification in the app itself and the next notification in the action center wasnt duplicated. I'm guessing the duplication is due to the new integration in 8.1 pulling the notifications directly and turning it on in the app causes the same notification to be displayed twice.

It just occured to me to try this as I remembered I did get notifications after reinstalling the app but before actually signing in which I thought was odd but seems to back my theory.

Edit 2: Confirmed disabling the in app notifications fixed it, toggling it on and off shows its the source of the duplicates. Sorted! :)

Last edited:

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this on my 928 after the update as well.

I see above that disabling notifications within the app fixes the issue, but that would mean that the app is enabling toast notifications anyway. Weird.

hooperdave

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I've had as many as five notifications for a single twitter event. Seems to be getting worse - I was only getting 2 last week but it's recently gone 3 then 4 now 5.

Not sure how turning notifications off is a fix - I'd still like to have a notification.

This on WP8.1 on a lumia 1020

You can see the result in my photo feed on twittwe (at) hooperdave (not got enough posts to put links/images on here yet)

hooperdave

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Was even worse in WP8 - they'd flash up on screen then be gone forever. At least in WP8.1 you can see all the notifications that arrived since you last checked. Of course there are 5 of them for everything and they then disappear immediately but we're getting there. Another 2-3 years and they should have it nailed!

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had as many as five notifications for a single twitter event. Seems to be getting worse - I was only getting 2 last week but it's recently gone 3 then 4 now 5.

Not sure how turning notifications off is a fix - I'd still like to have a notification.

This on WP8.1 on a lumia 1020

You can see the result in my photo feed on twittwe (at) hooperdave (not got enough posts to put links/images on here yet)

Mine too, had 2-3 duplicates of the same notification.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here running 8.1 DP with the latest update. However, I was getting the multiple instances of twitter notifications before updating. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app and have disable in-app 'Tweet notifications', yet in still, the problem still persists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3