Nadella "WP is here to stay"

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
After read the email Mr. Nadella sent to MS' employees I can say that I am very happy for the MS line up: Xbox, Bing, Azure but especially for WP. Yes, this is right Nadella just shut every rumor about MS dumping WP for Android or using Google's play apps. Although MS is looking into cross platform apps they will be developed by MS team.
But one of the things that got me very excited was what Pradeep from Microsoft News | pointed out.

"Our first-party devices will light up digital work and life. Surface Pro 3 is a great example – it is the world’s best productivity tablet. In addition, we will build first-party hardware to stimulate more demand for the entire Windows ecosystem. That means at times we’ll develop new categories like we did with Surface.It also means we will responsibly make the market for Windows Phone, which is our goal with the Nokia devices and services acquisition."

So after read the part highlighted I can tell you my fellows WPers that WP is here to stay. This take all rumors that have been running around so be assure that you will enjoy WP for long long time.

I am very happy

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy too. Windows Phone is a great mobile OS - it's going to build on that through Windows Phone 8.1.

It's third in the rankings below Android and iOS. That's going to be tough to get to the top, but I don't see any reason why Microsoft should ditch that and give up. They've put in the effort, and it's paying off - little by little.. :)

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't make sense for Microsoft to ditch Windows Phone right after purchasing Nokia assets. A lot of FUD circulating on this topic lately. I'm glad Nadella directly discredited these rumors.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy too. Windows Phone is a great mobile OS - it's going to build on that through Windows Phone 8.1.

It's third in the rankings below Android and iOS. That's going to be tough to get to the top, but I don't see any reason why Microsoft should ditch that and give up. They've put in the effort, and it's paying off - little by little.. :)
I always believe MS doesn't need to beat iOS and Android the just need to be a strong player then the rest come by itself.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
That is good to hear. If only they would speed up the process. 90% of WP8 users are still waiting for 8.1 to be released. I hear a 8.1 update is in the works. Let's get 8.1 to the phones then a update can happen. Why would the 90% of users care about a update when they don't have 8.1 yet. Something about the cart before the horse.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I always believe MS doesn't need to beat iOS and Android the just need to be a strong player then the rest come by itself.

This. It isn't important that WP make it to the top. It is important that it builds enough of a user base to get the attention of developers.

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
but i really hate the system of providing updates at fixed time, if they have completed a new feature/software they should publish it as soon as possible so that we can have a good race with other OS like android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos