Let's Help Mr. Nadella

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Lately, as a WiFi hotspot for my Nexus tablet but I'm guessing that's not what you want to hear...

Camera mostly after playing Angry Birds, followed by music player. That's it. If I use it more than that the battery dies too quickly. :p

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe if we can show clear categories here we can show MS what their current customers value most in their phone with the hopes that they will attract NEW customers.
1. I use mine (Nokia 920) the most to listen to Music (in my case this is my own local music files)
2. Talk and text
3. Schedule appointments (love Cortana)
4. Camera and Video (hugely helpful filming Golf lessons I give)
5. Searching internet

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
What I would use mine for if it did a good enough job..
1. My own music collection
2. My own video collection
These 2 things I cannot do well and have caused me grief. Removing the barriers to allow the 3rd party development is a great start,but having Xbox player work as any other for the built in is paramount to have WP even to be considered.
3. Get the GDR updates out to those who have been using the Developers preview...whose dumb idea was it to release 8.1 on new phones that is still incomplete and that has all of the known issues?
4. You have stated repeatedly" Cloud first,Mobile first" fine...fix both to work properly before worrying about a cloud os. If neither one functions properly how in Hades can a cloud os function with them better?
5. Whoever told you that the vast majority of your core users want their phones to be an extension of a Xbox console misspoke,you should check your numbers of sales,and you will find that the vast majority of WP users worldwide don't even own Xbox and integrating it into WP isn't going to increase sales like what was portrayed to you...this is a pipe dream.
6. You want everyone with all platforms to utilize Windows,that's great,and one heck of a lofty goal,but never think that you can give the other platforms a better product than those who are in your ecosystem first..this way of thinking is self-defeating.We here in the USA have a old saying..don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
7. Limit the amount of phones you make,and have them all the same on all US based carriers and abroad. Have them have what the other platforms have for SD card support and internal storage. While this may go against your cloud first logic,until completely free streaming of everything is available people need the additional storage and every aspect of that storage should be made accessible to those who want it.
8. Open more Microsoft stores and stock them properly with not only trained employees but also with all available products.Mobility first...your still in the phone business aren't you..start selling Microsoft branded phones in your stores for any carrier,if Apple can do it,why aren't you doing it?
9. Offer a true unlocked developer phone program and implement a new way of fast tracking updates to it. Your developer preview program is flawed and has caused mass confusion worldwide.

Hope this helps you...

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
PS...

Please keep up the good work your doing...some of your phones like my 1520 has great potential,but unfortunately untapped potential..so please fire those who are sabotaging it's potential and replace them with people who are truly grounded in what the vast majority of people need right now.

Mac

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920, and I use it for 2 things:

1. check for updates
  2. Play BlocksLAN
That's pretty much it. I don't have a SIM card in it.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
mine does a little bit of everything, I don't really use it that much at home, just when relaxing in bed, I mostly do chats and some web browsing, sometimes play with cortana, and that's it most of the time, when outdoors I start playing music and just more of the same

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
  1. Making\Receiving calls
  2. Small amount of texting
  3. Streaming music
  4. Snapping impromptu photos
  5. E-mails (big one)
  6. Engineering calculator apps (Electrical\Electronics)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb