07-17-2014 06:18 PM
79 1234
tools
    As Daniel Rubino, Tom Warren and Joe Belfiore have said 1000000times. The Dev Preview is not a flipping BETA. Jesus Christ man, it is ahead of the 630's original release for crying out loud
    Preview implies something that is meant to be a sneak peek - it's not a beta no (my apologies), but it's more like a release candidate/gold master version (where there are still bugs and glitches in the OS), otherwise there would be no dev preview program in the first place. The reason why people like Daniel Rubino, Tom Warren and Joe Belfiore say it isn't 'a beta' is because WP8.1 is feature-locked - if something is in beta they can still make last-minute changes to the OS. Sorry for the misuse of terms :S. It's definitely not a final release, though.
    07-13-2014 02:54 AM
    Even you got the most fluid OS in my eyes I have to say that your camera App is so slow compared to other OS. It need so long to save a picture my old 3650 with an 120mhz? CPU was faster at this.
    But the funniest thing is that it doesn't support higher resolution than 5MP on a 41MP phone XD you need a 3rd part software to do it haha. Integrate it to the main OS camera that it can handle it.

...I have a Lumia 1020 64GB version.
    this one tickles me quite hard...

the 1020 has to process 38,391,936 pixels (or 33,562,624 pixels, if using 16:9 aspect ratio), and then condense it into a picture that contains 5,018,112 pixels (or 5,308,416 pixels, if using 16:9 aspect ratio)
    this condensing process, called oversampling, combines 7 pixels into 1, so it's expected to take some time to do all the processing

meanwhile, the 3650 only has to process 307,200 pixels, which is only 0.915% of what Lumia 1020 has to process, sans oversampling

for me, it's understandable that the 1020 would take some time to process the photos
    I hope this enlightens you
    vish2801 likes this.
    07-13-2014 03:06 AM
    *Sigh* When reading some posts in this thread...

First of all, no hard reset can fix the lag in the Xbox Music and Games apps. They are simply poorly made.

Secondly, the Desktop mode is bugged right now, and it has been reported several times before.

I don't understand why you can't read the first post properly instead of attacking the OP. Stop defending Microsoft all the time and accept that no OS is bug-free.
    Personally I would suggest people just ignore such posts if they find them annoying. Suggesting, however, that people "can't read the first post properly" is an absolute insult that is in the same class as those you are apparently criticizing. Of course the post is a tantrum that is English grammar/syntax challenged but you seem intent on ignoring that element of the equation. Advice about glass houses applies to all...
    07-13-2014 03:24 AM
    I know many people were frustrated with MS taking the hubs out and replacing them with apps. But be patient MS is planning on improving aggressively and consistently the experience on WP and the only WA to do that quickly is to take these items out of the os so they can bypass carrier updates and the slow process involved and update each independently, as needed, and without delay. They are doing this to allow a faster pace of improvement which is what everyone has been asking for. In order to do this they had to start anew so have some patience. It will get better.
    True words mate I think to that this was the point they do this
    07-13-2014 04:28 AM
    Okay you right mate my thread sounds really to angry maybe I need to write it a bit clearer. I'm not really angry about this bugs. I have write my text in the middle of the night and write it like I'm really angry. Sorry if it sounds so angry.
    I'm not attacking any member... but using moderator's black magic I can see language and cultural ways of speech may be a trigger in this thread.

I think everyone forgets that for some members, English is not their first language and their mental translation may be excellent English but gives a wrong impression about emotion. With only written words the clues from body language and tone of voice are lost. This problem is often "worse" when the writer produces perfect English grammar instead of slightly mangled English from Google Translate that gives everyone the clue to show more tolerance.
    vish2801, tgp, a5cent and 1 others like this.
    07-13-2014 05:00 AM
    this one tickles me quite hard...

the 1020 has to process 38,391,936 pixels (or 33,562,624 pixels, if using 16:9 aspect ratio), and then condense it into a picture that contains 5,018,112 pixels (or 5,308,416 pixels, if using 16:9 aspect ratio)
    this condensing process, called oversampling, combines 7 pixels into 1, so it's expected to take some time to do all the processing

meanwhile, the 3650 only has to process 307,200 pixels, which is only 0.915% of what Lumia 1020 has to process, sans oversampling

for me, it's understandable that the 1020 would take some time to process the photos
    I hope this enlightens you
    I know I know read it right mate. The Microsoft camera doesn't support the Oversampling method It only shots a 5 megapixel picture like on the N95. And it takes so long to save this 5 MP photo in my opinion too long they should focus on their own camera application and make them better. It would be great if the Microsoft camera app would support higher resolution on the 1020 and if it would support the full resolution. My friend bought a Nokia Lumia 1020 and he doesn't know that he need the Nokia camera application to shoot 38MP pictures. Till he asked me
    07-13-2014 06:34 AM
    it seems that MS don't want to compete IOS and Android
    07-13-2014 07:12 AM
    Can someone copy this text and try to comment this on the Nokia camera app on the store.
    I want to see if you get the same error I get on 6 different lumias. Thanks in advance.

1.Das Programm braucht viel zu lange beim Start. Wenn man einige Prozesse im Hintergrund laufen lassen knnte damit es schneller startet wie bei einigen Symbian Apps damals.

2. Die Bilder werden meiner Meinung nach etwas zu bunt, ansonsten top. Bei meinem Nokia N8 sehen die Natur Bilder viel echter aus da das Grn auch Grn ist und nicht neon Grn wie auf dem 1020.. Damian Dinning hatte bei den lteren Handys gesorgt das die Farben original getreu dargestellt werden... Schade wo bist du nur.

3. Knnt Ihr eventuell die App so programmieren das sie whrend dem aufnehmen eines Bildes das Bild im Hintergrund umwandelt und erstellt bzw. speichert und man in der Zwischenzeit das nchste Bild versucht aufzunehmen und im Hintergrund noch das alte gespeichert wird. Somit wrde es aussehen das die App schneller Bilder speichert.

4. Whre es mglich das man die Belichtungszeit verlngern knnte? 4 Sekunden ist ja seht gut aber whren eventuell 8 Sekunden mglich.

5. Wenn ich die Gallery mit den Hi Res Bildern ffnen will gehen meine nerven verloren. Ich habe mehrere Bilder und es ldt bei mir um die 10 Sekunden bis die Gallery sich ffnet. Auerdem war dies vorher nicht der Fall da hat sich das letzte Bild sofort geffnet und die Gallery mit allen Bildern eben falls.

6. Es wre top, wenn man beim Video aufnehmen denn Motor von dem OIS Modul nicht hren wrde. In einem leisen Raum hrt man sehr gut das rauschen bei einem gedrehten Video was der Motor verursacht was echt das Video schlecht macht. Knnt ihr das nicht durch einen Software trick unterdrcken

7. Langsamer Autofokus
    07-13-2014 07:58 AM
    This is not related to this forum but it would it great if anyone could me. I'm getting delayed notification under locked on my wifi and also on my mobile data. Keep wifi on under locked screen is active. I'm using lumia 720 OS WP8. Please help.
    07-13-2014 08:29 AM
    This is not related to this forum but it would it great if anyone could me. I'm getting delayed notification under locked on my wifi and also on my mobile data. Keep wifi on under locked screen is active. I'm using lumia 720 OS WP8. Please help.
    Do you turned your battery saver on.
    07-13-2014 09:09 AM
    As Daniel Rubino, Tom Warren and Joe Belfiore have said 1000000times. The Dev Preview is not a flipping BETA. Jesus Christ man, it is ahead of the 630's original release for crying out loud
    To add to that the Lumia 930 is running the same o/s build as the dev preview,

As I noted yesterday in our unboxing and walkthrough video, the Lumia 930 ships with build 12397 of the Windows Phone 8.1-operating system . For those keeping track, build 12397 is the same version as the current Preview for Developers, which, of course, means that what you have is not a beta release. The only difference is the Lumia Cyan firmware, which is tailored specifically for each model of Windows Phone. Firmware is super important as anyone who has updated a PC knows as it can allow certain drivers to work, optimize performance and enable certain functions.
    quoted from this article:
    Lumia Cyan and what it brings to Windows Phone 8.1 and the Lumia 930 | Windows Phone Central
    sisqo88 likes this.
    07-13-2014 09:16 AM
    Xbox Music is a separate app now and it'll be updated very frequently and it's much better at the moment unlike it came with dev preview. I would love to see more 3rd party apps providing better music experience. OneMusic is doing a great job.

For Games Hub, I heard MS is planning to bring it back, is it correct ?

Browsing experience was always poor and it's not better.
    07-13-2014 09:22 AM
    It doesn't seem like that, otherwise they have not created Action Center, Cortana, Universal Apps, Awesome Storage Sense which let you install apps on SD card, Background Images, Awesome Lock Screen customization, Files, etc.... in WP 8.1, would love to see further improvements in Xbox Music and Store apps. Don't underestimate Windows Phone.
    07-13-2014 09:53 AM
    Xbox Music is a separate app now and it'll be updated very frequently and it's much better at the moment unlike it came with dev preview. I would love to see more 3rd party apps providing better music experience. OneMusic is doing a great job.

For Games Hub, I heard MS is planning to bring it back, is it correct ?

Browsing experience was always poor and it's not better.
    It would be great if they pack it back to the os or bring the old one back
    altafmahmood likes this.
    07-13-2014 10:05 AM
    it seems that MS don't want to compete IOS and Android
    For the record, IDC rankings says otherwise. Windows Phone is 4 spots above WM, Symbian, Linux and Blackberry in just over 2 years to 3rd position behind IOS and android OS and growing for cell phones. It at least looks as if its competing to me. Now weather the new CEO Nadella has the spine and ring general-ship not just to compete but to win is still up in the air. I don't expect to see changes from him immediately but we'll all know for sure real soon.

I do know Balmer's management style was as tough as they come and we have what we have today because of Balmer's leadership. He was deeply invested in the success of Windows Phone and I hope the board that chose Nadella didn't select a garden variety, run-of-the-mill, you've seen one, you've seen them all policy wonk without a vision for all things Microsoft including Windows Phone.
    Because if I'm wrong and your right, we've all been sold out by Nadella and we should about petitioning the shareholders to replace him with a quickness. Windows phone is as real as it gets for a lot of us. We didn't come on board only to be cast into the lake like chum by some dude from Hyderabad, who got lucky in an interview. Its not about him, it is about Windows Phone.
    altafmahmood and sisqo88 like this.
    07-13-2014 10:15 AM
    It would be great if they pack it back to the os or bring the old one back
    If they pack it back to the OS, Xbox Music won't get twice a week update. Old one was a core app, I believe they created this separate app for starters and then they'll update it eventually. And they're updating it. I would have an app with constant updates, core apps will be updated only during system updates which we don't get frequently.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    07-13-2014 10:27 AM
    There has been plenty of changes in the most recent update and as it is always there in software that some bugs do pass the testers. When you signed up for the developer's preview you were actually taking part in the beta phase of software release, bugs are but natural. So if you encounter any bugs you should report it in their user forum. Surely they are hearing us. They will hopefully fix it in their next update.
    As for the system apps. Yes they are crap( not as much as they were before). Microsoft is always late but when they arrive they do make staggering products.
    07-13-2014 01:24 PM
    WTF is happening with the games hub, the first time I receive a notification but I can't open it because it crushed down each time I open that notification.
    Stupid MS with stupid app, sorry MS but that is the truth new update with new crab.
    sisqo88 likes this.
    07-13-2014 04:01 PM
    Op is it the Dev Preview that you have? Dalydose said/ thinks so your original post doesn't mention it. You might want to wait a bit longer for the fixes. MS like many other providers have a tendency to not keep the customers in the loop and make it look like they are ignoring you while in the background some poor IT expert is working his **** off burning the midnight oil to give you a fix.

Somewhere in the fine print the T &C would have mentioned it that "not all users will get a response but .... be rest assured we are not ignoring you :P"
    07-13-2014 06:21 PM
    Yeah, well WP can be frustrating from time to time.
    I agree some things could be better, but I'm sure that MS will get there in the end!!!!

Hope you get the problems sorted...
    Time for a HUG Seeing that water is under the bridge that the Mod was trying to build ;)
    07-13-2014 06:28 PM
    For the record, IDC rankings says otherwise. Windows Phone is 4 spots above WM, Symbian, Linux and Blackberry in just over 2 years to 3rd position behind IOS and android OS and growing for cell phones. It at least looks as if its competing to me. Now weather the new CEO Nadella has the spine and ring general-ship not just to compete but to win is still up in the air. I don't expect to see changes from him immediately but we'll all know for sure real soon.

I do know Balmer's management style was as tough as they come and we have what we have today because of Balmer's leadership. He was deeply invested in the success of Windows Phone and I hope the board that chose Nadella didn't select a garden variety, run-of-the-mill, you've seen one, you've seen them all policy wonk without a vision for all things Microsoft including Windows Phone.
    Because if I'm wrong and your right, we've all been sold out by Nadella and we should about petitioning the shareholders to replace him with a quickness. Windows phone is as real as it gets for a lot of us. We didn't come on board only to be cast into the lake like chum by some dude from Hyderabad, who got lucky in an interview. Its not about him, it is about Windows Phone.
    This might be of interest to you Sir Jazmac
    http://articles.economictimes.indiat...e-company-memo

Most noticeably he described Microsoft as a "productivity and platform company" focused on mobile and cloud computing, a subtle advance on Ballmer's reinvention of Microsoft as a "devices and services" company, which could signal less emphasis on manufacturing devices.

Were you in the race to be CEO against this "Dude from Hyderabad" Why do you call him lucky. If he is lucky are the members of the Microsoft Board Numbnuts to have appointed him or the ex CEO who in 13 years couldn't care less to train someone up in the name of progression of the company? http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/04/tech...lla-microsoft/
    Last edited by Skamath; 07-13-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Links went missing :Slaps forehead:
    07-13-2014 06:44 PM
    We won the world cup yeahhhh :)
    Now my problems are gone for a short time xD
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    07-13-2014 07:28 PM
    and we lost, and problems are ther, damn!
    07-13-2014 08:07 PM
    This might be of interest to you Sir Jazmac
    Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella signals changes, defers talk on job cuts - Economic Times

Most noticeably he described Microsoft as a "productivity and platform company" focused on mobile and cloud computing, a subtle advance on Ballmer's reinvention of Microsoft as a "devices and services" company, which could signal less emphasis on manufacturing devices.

Were you in the race to be CEO against this "Dude from Hyderabad" Why do you call him lucky. If he is lucky are the members of the Microsoft Board Numbnuts to have appointed him or the ex CEO who in 13 years couldn't care less to train someone up in the name of progression of the company? Microsoft names Nadella CEO, Gates out as chairman - Feb. 4, 2014
    We shall see what this dude from Hyderabad does with this company. I already said, I'll give him time to see what happens.
    07-13-2014 08:31 PM
    We shall see what this dude from Hyderabad does with this company. I already said, I'll give him time to see what happens.
    Likewise, I am also waiting to see what happens and the fact he said "nothing was off the table" has put a niggling twitch in the back of my mind which is refusing to go away. That is he serious in considering in running android apps on windows phone or is serious in making an android lumia?.. Plus is he thinking of putting Cortana on other platforms?

Both are suicidal in terms of marketing and it sends a very conflicting message.
    07-14-2014 07:04 AM
79 1234