Phone wont send text messages

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
#1 Report Post

If you look at some of my previous threads and posts you will probably notice a trend of displeasure with my phone.

My phone will occasionally not send text messages. I write the message and press send; as far as I am aware the message is sent, as I do not receive the usual "cannot send" message and try again option...

I am in the UK with EE using a HTC 8X with wp8.1

My brother in law has a Lumia 925 with wp8 on Vodaphone, and he also has this problem...

The people who have confirmed they have not received texts we are positive we sent (and prove to them by showing our phone to them) are using iPhones...

So what the hell is the problem? Is it the network providers? A problem with windows phone? A problem with iPhones? A problem with the HTC/Nokia?

If anyone has any thoughts or a similar experience it would be great to hear from you. I am also wondering if there is a case for compensation as this is getting stupid...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it would be an idea for you to run some tests to try and work out what messaging route is affected. You've not mentioned that texts to your brother in law work or not, or whether you receive texts from your iPhone friends.

When you work out what combination isn't working, you can look at what's really going on. You might also want to contact your service provider and explain that some of your messages aren't being received. They'll be able to tell you if they've failed or not. There's always a chance that your iPhone friends are running some funky trendy messaging apps that refuse to show text messages from anything that's not funky and trendy.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I will contact EE about this.

Windows Phone to Windows Phone seems to work fine. As far as I'm aware the iPhone users aren't using any 3rd party messaging apps, there are 4 different people using iPhones who have not received messages I sent.

ghosted85

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you have an iPhone before? If you did its something to do with imessage my girlfriends friend moved from a 4s to a Lumia and had this problem will try and find out how she sorted it

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa