Can not connect to Wi-Fi ( Limited )

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have never ever had this problem with Windows Phone, but earlier I changed my region etc to try use Cortana, after trying I changed it back to my normal region.. (UK) after doing so I am no longer able to connect to Wi-Fi on my Nokia Lumia 1320 all I get is "Limited" where it should say connected, I am able to use the internet as I am on my Laptop to write this thread right now, I restarted by phone and stuff along those lines and nothing worked, I also restarted the router and still nothing, what is going on?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If this is the problem , I will recommended you to downgrade your device to windows phone 8.0 via Nokia recovery tool and wait for the cyan update + windows phone 8.1 update. This tool should downgrade your device but you will loose all your current data. So backup all your important data before downgrading your device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If this is the problem , I will recipe nd you to downgrade your device to windows phone 8.0 via Nokia recovery tool and wait for the cyan update + windows phone 8.1 update. This tool should downgrade your device but you will loose all your current data. So backup all your important data before downgrading your device.

Oh, where does one find this Nokia Recovery Tool? =)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nthkmf

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Try to remove or delete previous connection with you modem first - tap and hold on the WiFi name (is limited) and choose remove, after that, re-connect by typing password and it is fixed?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I use to get LIMITED warning and my phone runs on 8.1 Based on my experience, it has nothing to do with 8.1. Whenever ISP fails to authenticate the login details, it throws me the same error/warning (No Internet access). Once the login/authentication issue gets resolved by ISP, it starts working.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
This Wifi Limited happens to me sometimes on my 1520 with 8.1. I would either restart my router or toggle wifi on/off. It would then fix itself. It seems to happen when there are lots of devices connected to the router (not sure if it is a real factor or not).

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue with my new Lumia 930 and 1520 with DP 8.1 but looks like the internet connection work anyway, I tried with the 1520, I diabled cellular data and even if WiFi was limited I used IE without issue

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I also encountered the issue with my 720 running 8.1. Base on my observation it has nothing to do with 8.1, it just shows that a connection is not well established. The problem may be the router or the connection itself. 8.1 is just so specific in notifying you instead of just showing connected and wondering why you cannot connect.

dancfuller

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Soulless Onyx: Are you still having this same issue? My 920 (AT&T, no Cyan) started doing this this week, too.

I'm on 8.1 Update 1 (8.10.14147.180, not the newest .200. WiFi isn't working, so I can't download it.).

When I'm connected to a network it displays as "No Internet," and the WiFi settings show that I'm given a valid IP address and DNS entries by the router. BUT, my phone isn't accepting the Gateway address so it shows 0.0.0.0 [subnet mask also shows 0.0.0.0]. This happens on any WiFi network to which I try to connect.

Sorry that a phone reset and Nokia re-flash didn't help, though thank you for trying and reporting back because it saved me the hassle.

edit: WiFi worked fine for 2 weeks. Abruptly stopped working two days ago. Same issue whether open network or protected network.

Last edited:

dancfuller

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So, mine is now just incredibly selective as to which WiFi networks it will choose to connect. A friend has a 520 on the latest developer preview release, and he has no issues connecting to the same networks. Also, it's always the same networks to which it won't connect (well, it connects, but only gives a "NO INTERNET" connection). I won't say it's not somehow related to the routers' settings, but these are routers with which the phone connected with no issue when I was on 8.0.

Whenever I have the issue, the gateway is always shown as 0.0.0.0 on my phone.

There's a thread on the MS forums, but not much better luck there, either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon