Am I the only one who hates WP8.1 ?

pinkarton

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Am I the only one who hates 8.1 ?

Action center, New Multitasking menu, Flick down gesture to close an app, Overhauled Marketplace, Cortana, and the Podcast app .. All came packed with the WP8.1 DP upgrade. Loved it!

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about FPS and 4k. I like low-light photos. And Lumia have the best low light photos. :eek:rly:
I like Xperia Z2, Moto X and Nexus. But.... Moto X and Nexus have a bad battery and bad camera.

Now that you mention it, there is just one phone that could beat all Lumias at lowlight, it would be the Xperia Z2.

Xperia Z2 has a f2.0 aperture coupled with a decent sensor size and can go upto ISO 6400, compared to ISO 4000(which is max of Lumia).

However Sony follows a 6 month phone release cycle, which is something I very much despise.

Moto X and Nexus 5 we're supposed to be high-end devices priced at mid-range prices, so sacrifices had to be made.

Lumia still manages to outperform most Android phone cameras out there, especially if mounted on a tripod.

Anyways we are going off-topic, what are your thoughts on Windows Phone 8.1?

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Now that you mention it, there is just one phone that could beat all Lumias at lowlight, it would be the Xperia Z2.

Xperia Z2 has a f2.0 aperture coupled with a decent sensor size and can go upto ISO 6400, compared to ISO 4000(which is max of Lumia).

However Sony follows a 6 month phone release cycle, which is something I very much despise.

Moto X and Nexus 5 we're supposed to be high-end devices priced at mid-range prices, so sacrifices had to be made.

Lumia still manages to outperform most Android phone cameras out there, especially if mounted on a tripod.

Anyways we are going off-topic, what are your thoughts on Windows Phone 8.1?

I really liked the WP 8.1, integrations taken, I believe it was for the best.
Now developers have the freedom to integrate the People Hub, Photos Hub.
The problem is that the Facebook app is not good ...
Test the app VK (social network widely used in Russia), the integration works perfectly.
I imagine to see Instagram or 6tag integrated, or even WhatsApp.

What does not really like, are the new native apps bad ( Calendar takes to open). Well, no need to mention the Xbox and Xbox Music Video (is possible to put a subtitle? None format I tried worked, I believe is only for online videos at Xbox Video service).
And the fact that the email app is very simple (but fast). The Windows 8 app is much better.
In fact, why not make these universal apps?

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
The more I play with it, the more I don't like it. I miss the phone integration of a multitude of services and apps. It looks messy and busy, not simple and convenient.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
What does not really like, are the new native apps bad ( Calendar takes to open). Well, no need to mention the Xbox and Xbox Music Video (is possible to put a subtitle? None format I tried worked, I believe is only for online videos at Xbox Video service).
And the fact that the email app is very simple (but fast). The Windows 8 app is much better.

What do you mean by universal apps? Are you asking for email, music, etc on Windows 8.1 PC?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I really liked the WP 8.1, integrations taken, I believe it was for the best.
Now developers have the freedom to integrate the People Hub, Photos Hub.
The problem is that the Facebook app is not good ...
Test the app VK (social network widely used in Russia), the integration works perfectly.
I imagine to see Instagram or 6tag integrated, or even WhatsApp.

Some of the apps you've mentioned are indeed universal apps and Xbox Video for Windows Phone 8.1 does get the job done for me, albeit a bit slowly.

Have you tried the new Facebook BETA for Windows Phone? It has added quite a lot of functionality that was missing before.

Sadly I thought so too that developers had the ability to integrate their apps with the people hub, however not all of them can do this.

uvy5avyh.png

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Some of the apps you've mentioned are indeed universal apps and Xbox Video for Windows Phone 8.1 does get the job done for me, albeit a bit slowly.

Have you tried the new Facebook BETA for Windows Phone? It has added quite a lot of functionality that was missing before.

Sadly I thought so too that developers had the ability to integrate their apps with the people hub, however not all of them can do this.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/20/uvy5avyh.png

How is it even possible that Rudy doesn't have special rights???????? I mean, he is RUDYYYYY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077