This is the final straw.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Creative Studio for 8.1 was updated today, and they took away all the cool photo filters that I use on all my photos(such as aquamarine, opal), and replaced them with some cheaper looking instagram-like filters. They are seemingly taking away things that I use or enjoy one by one, but now that they've taken away my preferred photo enhancements, which was one of the few things keeping me with a Windows Phone, I'm thinking of just going to the store and trading in today.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This is highlarious. Do you know how many photo apps there are in the store better than Creative Studio with better and more filters?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there is 100 other apps that would do what you want with the filters you "want". If your going to leave Windows Phone because of 1 app, only thing I can say is good bye.

Good luck on your choice of a replacement phone

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I should say the final straw is more than my perception is changing on the platform when each app update makes the app worse and less useful. This is far from the only reason I'm thinking about dumping the platform. I've been a big proponent of WP8 since it came out, because of all the potential that it has. After 8.1 and all the blunders, I've lost most of my patience. But it all boils down to what you use your phone for. For me, it's:

1. Listening to music
2.Browsing the web
3.Taking photos
4.Social networking

Skype works very poorly right now and lacks features,crashes frequently(even after reinstalling it), the music player is very depressingly bad. So when they start updating apps and making them worse than they were before, it's time to start pondering jumping ship.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I should say the final straw is more than my perception is changing on the platform when each app update makes the app worse and less useful. This is far from the only reason I'm thinking about dumping the platform. I've been a big proponent of WP8 since it came out, because of all the potential that it has. After 8.1 and all the blunders, I've lost most of my patience. But it all boils down to what you use your phone for. For me, it's:

1. Listening to music
2.Browsing the web
3.Taking photos
4.Social networking

Skype works very poorly right now and lacks features,crashes frequently(even after reinstalling it), the music player is very depressingly bad. So when they start updating apps and making them worse than they were before, it's time to start pondering jumping ship.

Strange, all the things you mention work perfectly fine for me, anyway you should just go ahead and jump ship if you're not satisfied with your phone.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh man, these threads are getting funnier and funnier by the day. How you could possibly say the app was updated for for the worst is absolutely insane. You can adjust more components than ever before. Stop being a baby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12