Has Microsoft Paused the rollout of Cyan for those with 8.1 DP?

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This thread is going in circles... would be nice if people read at least one page before commenting...

that would be nice.

the way I understand it:
1. it effects those on DP 8.1 who also have bitlocker running.
2. MSFT has stopped the update to EVERYONE. even if they DO NOT have bitlocker running.
3. when a fix is ready, it will be pushed out.
4. MSFT will the resume the cyan updates.

there are those that DON'T have bitlocker running -I am one of those people.
I have to wait. just like every one else.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
that would be nice.

the way I understand it:
2. MSFT has stopped the update to EVERYONE. even if they DO NOT have bitlocker running.

That sounds about right. Wmpoweruser was tweeting yesterday that it was resumed for those with DP 8.1, but I can confirm that is not the case, with Lumia 925, India.

If anyone with DP 8.1 has been able to update to Cyan recently, please report.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
that would be nice.

the way I understand it:

You got the point, then if you updated your phone and you got stuck at the bitlocker blue screen, then you can get your phone running again by using the Nokia recovery tool

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
That sounds about right. Wmpoweruser was tweeting yesterday that it was resumed for those with DP 8.1, but I can confirm that is not the case, with Lumia 925, India.

If anyone with DP 8.1 has been able to update to Cyan recently, please report.

From past experience and what I've seen about them on here from various people, that particular site doesn't know it's a**e from it's elbow and will happily spread BS to get more reads.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
From past experience and what I've seen about them on here from various people, that particular site doesn't know it's a**e from it's elbow and will happily spread BS to get more reads.

Absolutely. Wpcentral reported today that those on 8.1 DP still can't go to Cyan directly.

Pradika

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I've read it on wpcentral, the DevPrev user cant update to Cyan because there is an issue, some of users with wp8.1 DevPrev updated to Cyan and occured camera problem, and then microsoft stop delivering it...

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've read it on wpcentral, the DevPrev user cant update to Cyan because there is an issue, some of users with wp8.1 DevPrev updated to Cyan and occured camera problem, and then microsoft stop delivering it...

Actually I heard reports that dev preview phones that were updated to Cyan started leaking engine oil soon after, which is why it was stopped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss