Has Microsoft Paused the rollout of Cyan for those with 8.1 DP?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
2 of my friends were able to update their 925 to Cyan within an hour it was released (one of whose phone died because of Bitlocker issues).

I asked my dad to check for updates last night and he couldn't see the CYAN update, although he has a 925 with the same product code as my other friends, who were able to update. My dad's phone is already on the latest developer preview.

MS says they have paused the developer preview program temporarily, but they don't say if the CYAN rollout had been paused(only for those already on 8.1 dev preview)

Has anyone who is already on 8.1 Dev preview been able to update to cyan in the last one day?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there any official word on whether the update has really been paused for those with 8.1 DP? My father stays in a different city, so downgrading his phone is not possible for me. It would be sad 😢 if he is left without Cyan.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
He won't be left without Cyan. If he has 8.1 he's already got 99% of what most will care about, meaning Cyan is unlikely to change anything notable about his experience with his device, particularly if you properly set up the developer preview by doing a hard reset.

Anyway, everyone will get Cyan eventually, just by doing nothing...

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
He won't be left without Cyan. If he has 8.1 he's already got 99% of what most will care about, meaning Cyan is unlikely to change anything notable about his experience with his device, particularly if you properly set up the developer preview by doing a hard reset.

Anyway, everyone will get Cyan eventually, just by doing nothing...

Agree, however I got him a couple of treasure tags, which won't work without the firmware and till now are lying useless.

So you think Nokia will resume Cyan, even for those already on 8.1 DP?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Agree, however I got him a couple of treasure tags, which won't work without the firmware and till now are lying useless.

So you think Nokia will resume Cyan, even for those already on 8.1 DP?

I don't work at MS, so I can't guarantee you anything, but at least according to all the reporting, MS is working on a fix. That means the Cyan rollout will resume when they've finished the fixing.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
As for My Experience my phone is L625 Run Developer Preview. when Cyan was available worldwide I got Firmware update but no OS Update.

still my device is Unlocked retail device

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
False alarm. Even though Cyan for my dad's 925 product code is available for a week for those on WP 8, hw can't see the update because he is on Developer Preview.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
As for My Experience my phone is L625 Run Developer Preview. when Cyan was available worldwide I got Firmware update but no OS Update.

still my device is Unlocked retail device

You won't have gotten an OS update with 8.1 Preview as it's technically the final release. The only missing stuff is on the firmware side, which Cyan brings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234