O2UK, 8.1 Cyan Visual Voicemail and Cortana end of July

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just seen this article from WMPoweruser.com entitled:

"In a great WP8.1 FAQ O2 UK reveals Visual Voicemail, Cortana and more, coming to their Windows Phones"

In a great WP8.1 FAQ O2 UK reveals Visual Voicemail, Cortana and more, coming to their Windows Phones | WMPoweruser

EDIT: Cortana is coming in Q4.
Its good to see visual voicemail finally spreading from the iphone. I have to wonder though if o2 will allow MVNO's that use their network to access this feature. Im sure many giffgaff and Tesco mobile customers (me included) would love this!

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
This is a good point but I can see it not happening, never know though. I'm just wondering if I should downgrade my 1520 from DP 8.1 to get this at the end of July or just wait and see.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
This is a good point but I can see it not happening, never know though. I'm just wondering if I should downgrade my 1520 from DP 8.1 to get this at the end of July or just wait and see.

I think people in the preview get cyan when its released by the carrier? I may be wrong though

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I hope so. The halt by Microsoft has made me think twice, even if I don't have Bitlocker installed. May just wait until it is released by 02 and see.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If Cortana is coming in Q4, that means sometime after August.. that is a bummer. I will be joining Three in October, shame O2 don't offer unlimited data.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Found out that VVM on O2 will need a O2 branded handset to work. Unbranded phones won't have the option enabled as it needs O2's updated firmware.

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Found out that VVM on O2 will need a O2 branded handset to work. Unbranded phones won't have the option enabled as it needs O2's updated firmware.

They did say that it should work if you were to flash the relevant O2 rom to your phone, if anyone is feeling brave.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
They did say that it should work if you were to flash the relevant O2 rom to your phone, if anyone is feeling brave.

Already done it on my Lumia 925

Downgraded to Black then upgraded to Cyan/8.1 mainly for the VVM i have been waiting years for that feature from O2.

It works wonderfully. so much nicer to retrieve voicemail messages. IMO it was worth the hassle just for that feature.

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Already done it on my Lumia 925

Downgraded to Black then upgraded to Cyan/8.1 mainly for the VVM i have been waiting years for that feature from O2.

It works wonderfully. so much nicer to retrieve voicemail messages. IMO it was worth the hassle just for that feature.

So you started with an unbranded phone and then flashed an O2 rom?

garry bryant

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Ive just been on the chat to an 02 rep to ask if the wp8.1 update is now available for the lumia 820 they said yes its now available, but i cant find anywhere to update it, tried everything on phone to update even tried the link they sent me, still no, seems like they have been talking nonsense and don't know what they are on about, has anyone updated the 820 (not the dev prev) help would be great.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Ive just been on the chat to an 02 rep to ask if the wp8.1 update is now available for the lumia 820 they said yes its now available, but i cant find anywhere to update it, tried everything on phone to update even tried the link they sent me, still no, seems like they have been talking nonsense and don't know what they are on about, has anyone updated the 820 (not the dev prev) help would be great.

Sadly, it's exactly because they are talking out of their rear end. A while ago they said it was available for all O2 devices, and more recently said it would be available on the 12th August. Make of that what you will...

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I was with Three but never again. They over charged me for months, added Spotify for my account when i already have it directly from Spotify, when calling up for the 50th time they called me and ***** and that I must have clicked to enable it (take five screens of "you sure" apparently, called me think, didn't know what I was on about, stupid and don't know phones, stupid as I was missing out on a great upgrade deal if I only keep my phone for seven more months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720