Import pictures from only the camera roll

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I want to import my camera roll onto a Windows 8.1 computer, and it keeps grabbing all photos on the device.

Can I pull directly from my phone's camera roll? Or import directly from my OneDrive camera roll?

​I used to do this with the Picasa app, but I don't want to install that again.

Andy Dunikowski

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
One Drive is the way to go. Check the settings under your photos. I like having access to my camera photos from any device. One Drive was just updated to 15 GB to the standard users ( I got another 20 for the phone and another 5 or so for enabling the auto upload feature). Just set it to WiFi if you don't want use up your Data Plan.

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Andy. I use One Drive on every device I can and I also enjoy having access to the pics everywhere.

In this situation, I'm trying to clear space on my phone, and creating a "backup" of my pics on my main laptop.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The phone should just show up under explorer on a desktop PC when connected.
Your device isn't doing this?

I just plug my phone in and drag pictures to where ever I want to save them.

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there any difference between copying and importing? I'm trying to use the import tool for windows. The problem isn't getting them on the computer. The problem is getting Windows to ONLY import camera roll, and not Saved Pictures or Wallpapers folders.

Any way, I don't think there is a solution to this.
​THanks!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh...
So you are using the Microsoft WP sync app to move pictures...
I misunderstood.

I just see my phone\phones as another drive or disc in explorer then cut and past from phone/camera roll/etc

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Open your mind! Use Windows resurs manager:
Use USB cable and go with resursmanager to phones camera roll folder. Paint all files and copy them to yours folder in PC. Simple!

Sorry my Finnish-English

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro