Can I make an XAP from my cellphone apps?

alejoseed

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have installed an App in my cellphone and my ask is if i can use any program for make a xap of that App for install it from the SDK

xnk06

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
you want to backup your installed apps into xap files. is that right?
i think you can't do that, but let's just hear the answers from expert users

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, there is a "download and install manually" option in an apps store webpage.
That would download an XAP for local installation.
However you still need access to the store and it still needs to be listed.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No. Backing up apps from your phone with the intention to reinstall later is normally not possible. This is intentionally opt-out because people can use it for piracy reasons.
Downloading the xap file from the store doesn't help either.
All those apps are signed...you must remove that part from the app in order to reinstall it outside the store and that's not allowed...same story piracy.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, very questionable topic....but, yea, it's been done before (Note: rooted WP8 devices, AKA Samsung only)...

I understand what the OP wants to do, he wants to install a app to his phone, then create a XAP from the app that is installed on his phone.

This only promotes piracy of applications and should be closed.

alejoseed

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
My intentions are clean, I hate the piracy and all what I wanna knew was what I ask but as you people respond to my question now I am clean so if the admin think that it promotes the piracy I'll fully agree with your decision

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No one accusing you of anything. You just asked a question. I am not against piracy at least til a certain level. When you bought a app and the developer pulled it from the store i don't see it as piracy, you just use a improper method to reclaim what you already bought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos