one drive storage allowance on 3 phones

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i have now bought 3 windows phones, each phone should have got 7gb of one drive storage (now 15gb), so i only have that allowance as i only have one account. how can i get the rest and have it all on one account so i get 45gb of one drive storage ???

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If they are using the same MS account then you can't increase the storage that way, unless you buy it. I had an MS account with 7GB long before I got my phone, adding that to the mix didn't increase my storage one byte.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I think it's a case of 7gb / Microsoft account you use. So if you use the same account on all 3 phones, then you'll only get 7gb. 15 gb as they have now increased it. Hope that helps!

Have a good weekend. :)

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow! 3 phones? They all sync to the same MS ID account and email?

I believe the OneDrive limit is per account, not per device.

Per the announcement on the OneDrive blog ( https://blog.onedrive.com/your-onedrive-just-got-bigger/ ):

"New and existing personal OneDrive accounts will come with:
◾15 GB of free storage (up from 7 GB)"

If you use a single log-in for all your devices, accessing the same OneDrive account on all of them, you only have a single OneDrive account, which is limited to 15GB. I know that's not what you wanted to hear... Don't shoot the messenger.

They did lower the price of additional storage... 100 GB for $24/yr? Not too bad.

If you're an Office 365 subscriber, you get 1 TB included with your Office subscription. And if you happen to have a .edu e-mail handy, you can snag Office 365 University at $80 for 4 years (which gets you that 1 TB for 4 years + 60 Skype world minutes every month). I'm not sure if this is limited to US students or not...

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Per the announcement on the OneDrive blog ( https://blog.onedrive.com/your-onedrive-just-got-bigger/ ):

If you use a single log-in for all your devices, accessing the same OneDrive account on all of them, you only have a single OneDrive account, which is limited to 15GB. I know that's not what you wanted to hear... Don't shoot the messenger.

They did lower the price of additional storage... 100 GB for $24/yr? Not too bad.

If you're an Office 365 subscriber, you get 1 TB included with your Office subscription. And if you happen to have a .edu e-mail handy, you can snag Office 365 University at $80 for 4 years (which gets you that 1 TB for 4 years + 60 Skype world minutes every month). I'm not sure if this is limited to US students or not...

UK students can get it as well - requires a supported .ac.uk account.

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 windows phones, you can do what i do, make a folder on the "Second account" of onedrive [not primary], and make that folder Shared with the primary account of onedrive, then via the Onedrive Application [or via IE] on the phone you can go to "shared" and see the folder, upload to it, edit files, and all that stored on this folder from the Second account. dont forget to make it editable!

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 windows phones, you can do what i do, make a folder on the "Second account" of onedrive [not primary], and make that folder Shared with the primary account of onedrive, then via the Onedrive Application [or via IE] on the phone you can go to "shared" and see the folder, upload to it, edit files, and all that stored on this folder from the Second account. dont forget to make it editable!

Thanks so to get the allowance I need to flash my phone sign up with a new one account then re flash back to my original account but then link the 2 via file sharing in one drive app.

Probably not worth doing but I do feel a bit hard done by as I've paid for 3 phone but only get 1 allowance.

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
you have 1 account for all 3 phones, the Onedrive account can be opened freely via the web without any phone user, just open some of them and link them as "shared" to the original account, no need to Rest Phone or something

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Or if you use Bing rewards you can buy 100 GB for a year for about 400 points. I'm just hoping they keep that option for a long while

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte